Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
owl_3 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-22-2012, 02:30 PM

:O Wow! So very well done! Wow. To go with what Elanorea said. I love how you shaded the tail to make it look like scales without accually having scales.

The only real thing that look funny to me is the braid. I think it looks a little akward. Mostly the part of the braid that is comming out from behind her tail. Maybe it's just me...

Oh and one more thing the beads are a beautiful accent/touch to the doll.

Well done
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-22-2012, 03:10 PM

I agree with what E said about the bra looking a bit pasted on, but it's only a minor thing. Something that is a bit more of a personal preference, I really think there should be some antialiasing on the tails' fins. You did it throughout other areas, and I'm really not sure what you decided not to do it there. The tail, background, and frame are all stunning, of course, and I cannot believe you took the time to actually place all of those pearls individually; that's simply amazing! Kudos to you for your dedication!

I will say, I didn't even notice she had a braid until Becca pointed it out. Overall, it's an absolutely visually stunning doll; I had to stare at it for quite a while to figure out what, if anything, seemed off to me.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 03-22-2012, 06:10 PM

Thanks for your honesty everyone, beleive it or not I wanted the scollop shell top to look like it was pasted on or sitting on top of her bo.obs, I had another shell top made which was more rounded and it didnt look right so I changed it, the tail I am really happy with, if you look at the bases one option had scales but I opted for the more silvery fish look, her eyes are also one of my favorite parts she does look fishy doesnt she
(#24 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 03-26-2012, 12:29 PM

VERY stunning Ness!

*Edit: Okay, so now I can give critiques and proper kudos! I was absolutely stunned with the beauty of your mermaid Ness! She has a heck of a lot of Razzle Dazzle, and I'm in LOVE with her tail, and how you chose to pixel the scales!

My critiques are similar to the others, in addition to a few things. Her braid ends, but I don't see a tail, and I find that distracting. Also, her hair seems to have a few shading techniques, first section of her scalp, second section between her arm and braid, and the thrid section of the hair cut-off. Each section doesn't seem to have the same look/feel. Lastly, the fin. I was SO amazed with the tail, but the fin seemed more than a little anti-climatic. It's got beautiful lines (which I noticed you did not use the base lines and KUDOS for that!), but really the excitement stops there. I feel like I missed a real treat with the fin being so plain.

Overall though, I just could not get over how much effort you put into the doll. The pearls are DEFINATELY a wonderful touch, and completely worth the extra effort. Great Job!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#25 (permalink))
Old
TMR2012 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Default 08-12-2012, 11:45 PM

Your dolls are amazing...I especially love the Pochahontas Doll.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 08-13-2012, 08:33 PM

Thankyou Tabz

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 01-06-2013, 01:54 AM

It's been so long since I've posted here so I thought i would dump some dolls
Miranda's base edit contest..it won!
I had a lot of fun making this, it was great to do something a little different,

base Eva Base by ~Jishin on deviantART

(#28 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 01-06-2013, 03:51 AM

here is my collaboration doll, the theme is formal with a touch of Super hero,
I chose She Ra, He-mans sister cause I liked her look :base Mariiii's Dolls House - bjd

Last edited by Aussiemum777 : 01-06-2013 at 03:33 PM.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Default 01-06-2013, 02:51 PM

I love the detail of the gold lining on the bottom so so so pretty

(#30 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 01-06-2013, 03:28 PM

I really like the colors and facial editions! The head piece is a very nice touch, I like that a lot too.

The folds in the waist seem a bit long, and the ruffle hem is gorgeous, but the train down to the ruffle looks awkward, but it's a very unique design.

The hair is so sleek, very lovely, and I really like the dark underside!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!