Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-14-2012, 02:52 PM

This is really great! You really captured the mood of Pocahontas, and her outfit is very specific and you got all the details down!

One little technical thing to point out, there isn't any shadong on the base ander the clothing/hair. It's a really little thing, but just something I noticed.

Great job Ness, I love it!

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 01-26-2012, 06:17 AM

Here is my latest doll which is used as an example for my 3 wise monkeys contest:
without frame:
with frame:
Base:Amarylis - Dolls
Hair pallette:TheHaleyDoll
Clothes pallettes:GloomyCherub
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-22-2012, 04:53 PM

I love the dress on the middle one. It's super cute. I hate pixelling on sitting bases, I find it much more difficult, but you don't look like you had any trouble with that. I also really like the hair on Speak No Evil - she looks like a blond ice cream cone. =D

My only CC is the makeup and eyebrows. They could both use a little shading to make them a little less harsh looking.

The nails are so cute as well. =P
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 02-23-2012, 08:10 PM

Thanks Funny you should say that about the blonde hair, the dolls were originally done for an icecream contest somewhere else but I never got to finish them...anf yeah pixelling on sitting bases is no easy feat.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 03-08-2012, 08:29 PM

This doll was made for Haley's circus contest, she is a circus conductor:

with glitter:
with the works:here
Base:FoxyRepublic on deviantART
(#16 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 03-09-2012, 01:27 AM

Love your dollie Ness! And I totally feel your need to add sparkles, sparkles always make the doll SO much prettier! That's our pitfall to starting as Dollmaker Dollers first though eh? Lol

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 03-13-2012, 12:08 AM

I really love all the details. It's such an interesting and ambitious look. The glitter is very... glittery.

Only CC is that maybe the tops of the boots could be more rounded?
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 03-22-2012, 01:34 AM

Here is my mermaid for Lovie's contest, yet again I went for a large base I dont know why i do that as dolling on these bases takes forever, the pearls were all individualy placed which took ages but worth it, i really love this base i think that it is so beautifully made kudo's to the maker, Cc's invited, I already know the rock is cr.ap so dont bother with that one and please dont tell me that some of the pearls are not joined...I know.

Beautiful base:Bases by Night-Class on deviantART
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 03-22-2012, 09:46 AM

Woah that's amazing, I can imagine it must've taken a while! I love the way you shaded her tail, giving the appearance of having scales while not drawing them out individually, and all the little details on the border are of course awesome, but I think my favourite part is her eyes. I love the colour and the fact that they actually kinda look like fish eyes, I wanted to try something similar for my entry but couldn't make it work.

As for CC, the hair shading seems a bit chunky in places, and her seashell bra seems pasted on - it looks like it's kinda just floating in front of her body, not attached to it. I think the problem is that due to the way her body is turned, we see her right (our left) br'east at kind of a sideways angle, so the seashell should be at an angle too, not facing forward like the left one. Hope that made some sense xP, seashell bras are a pain to draw so kudos for not taking the easy way out and making her topless .

Last edited by Elanorea : 03-22-2012 at 03:43 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-22-2012, 09:55 AM

It's gorgeous Ness! It's simply beautiful!