Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-05-2010, 07:54 AM

Congrats to Christy! Can't wait to see what you come up with; just go with the flow so far and make it fairly simplistic, as not everyone here is as good a doller as you.

And congrats to Lovie and Mina, too.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#62 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 08-05-2010, 08:00 AM

Congrats to Christy! I can't wait to see what kind of theme you come with!

And see, sparkle doesn't win a contest :P
Though I'll never get over that my entry was jinxed from the get-go, lol. Aw well, second place no matter which contest I enter... :0

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-07-2010, 02:23 AM

Congrats to the winners, can't wait for the next theme *bounces up and down*
I wanna enter ^.^

(#64 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-07-2010, 03:44 AM

And here are the awards for our top three Check out the tiny details on the buildings folks, I love them.

I styled it after the traditional superhero/villian on the roof bit.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#65 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 08-07-2010, 01:01 PM

Aw, I was hoping the new post was a reply to the new theme

Super awards! And I do love the attention to detail you put in for them! Most of all it's cool that all three dolls match the background and don't look out of place. It's neat because all three are different techniques, so kudos for that!

Thanks!

(#66 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-07-2010, 03:04 PM

So I was struggling between three/four/five/six themes---
Sky: Get on with it, you've been posting that everywhere. =-=;
OKAYOKAY anyway, TDP has caused me to neglect my homework and studying for three tests (Great, three tests on the first full week of school! How..fun) so I will just post the theme here.
THE THEME IS:

Hair

LOL, you're liek Wait, what? HAIR? The failure Christy really has no inspiration, does she? Well, think about it... Since for lots of you doing hair may be a challenge, I have chosen this theme. It's pretty free except for two things.

1. I'd like to see it on one of my bases. LOL. I KNOW YOU'RE LIKE NOOO EEW YOUR BASES SUCK, but come on, bascially I'm the only one who ever dolls on my own bases. <.<; And I haven't even dolled on most of them. Here are my bases:
LydiaEldafreya's Gallery
Now you can edit faces, I really don't mind, actually I was thinking of just limiting this to the "lol" base, which is probably what will happen anyway because the rest of them look like insertcusswordhere, but I was like hey, what if someone actually wants to take on a challenge and doll lots of hair? (Pff I can see you shaking your head) So I added the rest of the bases to the ...oh what the heck am I thinking, no one will want to doll on my base. T_T

2. Choose one of the list.
- Highlights: Now, you all know I love hair coloration. ...You do know that, right? RIGHT? TT___TT
- Gothic lolita: Oh yess I had to add this. :U I love the tresses of curly Gothic lolita hair, such as: [x] [x]
- Emo/scene/goth: ..I don't wanna hear any controversial stuffs. XD It's harder than you think to doll hair like this, whether you like the style or not. And it's much easier to find than gothic lolita hairstyles, so I won't add any examples. (If you really need help, google "emo hairstyle", there's tons of images)
- Spiky hair: Oh em gee. Dolling Sora / Ichigo / Cloud has been something I have never attempted because I'm scared of that spiky hair. >__>; (Basically this wouldn't work for a girl, would it? XD)
- Interesting styles: Now you've all seen those interesting hair styles that look helluva lot hard to draw/pixel. Go ahead and try it out. xD No one's going to penalize you for doing so this time, actually I encourage it!
- Straight bangs: Variations of these are known, but I really like profully straight bangs. (You can see this in the Picture Thread #2 that I posted in. XD)

Uhh. I think that's it.
Sky: ...LOL she added like 3,000 more words than erased them all.
ShuttupSkyorelseI'llsetNathanielonyou
Anyway, if you want to know my other ideas, (which cannot be used now, but I will just add them here anyway), here they are:
1. Choose a sporty outfit. Gothify it. (LOL You can hear me squealing about gothic Ryoma or Tezuka. HECK, GOTHIC KAIDOH LOO--sorry....)
2. Gothic Lolita (Knock yourself out with the frilly lace! <33)
3. Make two dolls: One as "how to do it wrong" (with the bad shading, you know, pillow shading and stuffs) and one as "how to do it right" (your normal shading). I liked this one right next to the hair one, but it'd be hard for the people who still have problems dolling, right? O:

Well I'm off to study...Pfff. Good luck. <3 And have fun! Uhh. Yeah. The deadline is...two weeks from now. August 7 + 14 days = August 21st.

Last edited by noirmali : 08-07-2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Sorry dudes, I only had one link to gothic lolita hair
(#67 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-07-2010, 03:28 PM

Darn. Hair really isn't my forte, so I guess I'll wait for the next one. Good luck to everyone!

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
(#68 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 08-07-2010, 03:31 PM

Ooo a challenge! It's probably time I try my hand at curly hair anyway...I'm scared. 0.o'

But I'm really excited about the Lolita part!

(#69 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-07-2010, 03:39 PM

You should try it anyways Kat, even if it isn't your strength Its very good practice! And think about this, you'd have two weeks to work on it. It seems intimidating, but that'd give you a chance to maybe try one of the more indepth hair tuts out there.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#70 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-07-2010, 06:18 PM

*begins pixelling*

Gah, I fail at hair, anyways I'll still try to enter...it's just that you may not be able to tell what's on top of the girls head it looks so messy xD

Closed Thread