Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-25-2010, 06:27 PM

A few more days will be fine; hopefully, I won't need them, but I don't want to be excluded from the competition just on a technicallity. My hair is hard to pixel! XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 07-25-2010, 11:37 PM

X_x Lovie wins. I can sense it. At least now I don't have to worry about winning and having to do the awards for the next contest, which I hate doing more than anything else, save perhaps homework.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 07-26-2010, 12:07 AM

You can't predict who wins like that :/ I need to see all the entries before I evaluate it.

I can extend it to the 1st. I've got a certification course and work on the 31st, so its better.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#44 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-26-2010, 12:49 AM

I'm working here =P I'm expecting it to be done relatively soon.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-26-2010, 06:35 AM

Thanks; like I said, I hope I won't need the extension, but it's great to know it's there. ^^

(#46 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 07-26-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronShadows View Post
X_x Lovie wins. I can sense it. At least now I don't have to worry about winning.
While I appreciate the sentiment I really hate it when people do this. It's not that I think Kitty will be unfair, but because I feel that it jinx's my chance of winning at all. That things like this make the decider think twice about my placing so's not to seem pre-decided.

I had hesitated on entering this early in the game because of stuff like this or that it keeps competitors from trying. It's not always the prettiest doll that wins.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-26-2010, 12:09 PM

I know I won't... cuz I hosted the last contest. XD But I'm not entering to win; I never do. I enter cuz I love to doll and this is a super fun theme. Some of my best dolls, that won contests, were the ones where I said, "Oh poohsticks, this doll sucks".

(#48 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-26-2010, 02:16 PM

Yay, I made it in time! I think this was the most difficult doll I've ever done, but not because of the shading. No, the worst part was finding a base. I literally spent 3 days of my life searching Google, my bookmarks, and deviantART for sites that weren't closed and bases that weren't traced off of anime pictures. I'm not joking when I say the most popular bases are traced. Every so often, I came across a decent looking base, but it would be facing straight with three poses, all of which only had the arms slightly edited. If anybody knows where I can find bases, please spread the wealth! It's such a rarity these days. So, without further ado, I present...

Psionica! (sai-on-ik-ah)
Base

When she was born, Mina was a normal baby. At least, that's what her parents thought. At a young age, her powers began to manifest. Where most toddler first learned to crawl, then walk, Mina could levitate before doing either. She would make her toys float over to her, and sometimes know what people would do before they did it, allowing her to dodge them accordingly. As the eldest child and the couple's first, they didn't know what to do. To avoid her secret getting out, she spent her early years indoors with the only interaction being with her parents and younger sister. Her father spent these years teaching her how to fight and control her powers while convincing her it would be catastrophic if anybody else knew. As a result, she kept her secret as she entered school. Occasionally, she would make things float out of proper position, much to the class's (and teacher's) horror, while never letting them know she was the one behind it. As she got older, she became bored with only using her abilities at home. At the age of 14, she decided to take on the alias of "Psionica" and fight the many evils that plague her city. It's been a year, and now she has to deal with problems other than petty muggers on the street while still learning how to use her powers...

I've always wanted psychic powers. :D
"Psionic" is the term for psychic powers, such as telekinesis (moving objects with the mind), empathy (reading somebody's emotions), telepathy (ability to transmit, know, and manipulate thoughts), clairvoyance (to see through other people's eyes), precognition (to see the future), retrocognition (seeing into the past), channeling (give and receive spiritual energy), and astral projection (the ability to put your spirit in another object. This is dangerous as you cannot protect your own body and if it dies, you can't return to it.)

Base by KawaiiHannah
(#49 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 07-26-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minachan View Post
If anybody knows where I can find bases, please spread the wealth!
Oh my gosh I love your doll's hair! So pretty and soft looking! *touches*

I started using this Base Search Engine called PixiStar. The site didn't work properly until I registered for an account, but that could just be my cra.ppy computer. Hope it helps you out! There's even a search option in the advanced mode that lets you click Original for non-traced items.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#50 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-26-2010, 09:46 PM

I had hell finding a base too. =S Lancaster sent me a bunch of links though, so I settled on Darius by... I don't know. XD

Argh, my brain is addled. So. Much. Tea.

Closed Thread