Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#121 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 09-20-2010, 10:35 AM

New, for the alien contest... the diva Plavalaguna! This doll was 98% editing. X.x She's supposed to have a belt-thing, but I couldn't get it right, so I left that out. I wrote a little bit about her to go with this doll. Please note that Plavalaguna and the scene I'm describing come from the movie The Fifth Element and that I do not own either, though I did put my own artistic interpetations into the following blurb. Thank you all. ^^ Please do forgive how choppy and awkward this bit of writing is; I may edit it more later.

The excited chatting of the crowd slowly died down with the dimming of the lights, though a few hushed whispers still pervaded the room. The large, op’ulent auditorium outfitted in the colors of rich red and bright gold faded into the background when the plush velvet curtains on the stage parted to reveal a darkened, solitary figure that appeared to be clothed in blue. The spotlight was cued by the sweet yet melancholy opening note of a flute, and the figure was revealed to be not merely a human in blue, but the Diva Plavalaguna.

It was hard to tell whether she wore a tight dress or if what appeared to be an outfit made of a shimmery, silvery blue material was actually her skin, for her head and face were the same color. She shuffled forward to the slow beat of the flutist’s intro, and her ‘skirt’ fluttered along the bottom, like water rippling and tumbling over rocks in a stream. She lifted her head, and now all could clearly see beyond the black headpiece she wore to the spiral-like extension of her head that curled down to the base of her neck. From her head dangled six tentacle-like appendages, and they swayed gently in the air as if gravity barely affected them, as if they were slightly suspended in water.

When the Diva parted her blue-black lips to sing, her beautiful voice easily carried throughout the room, but yet its sound was sweet and beautiful, as though the moonlight itself were singing to the many gathered there. She seemed to portray both happiness at life, and a sadness no one could put a finger on, a haunted quality to her singing.

It was if Plavalaguna somehow knew that this would be the last performance in her life.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-25-2010, 07:03 PM

Yey, everyone is so talented. I`m gunna find it hard to choose a winner >.<

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#123 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-26-2010, 06:42 PM

Wow Queenie. Your's is a tough act to follow.
This is my "Out of This World" doll:

This doll is actually loosely inspired by the celestial being dollmaker doll I did for Miss TDP 2009. She's A referee for an interstellar sport called Flarg Ball. She is contemplating whether or not the play just made was a foul.
Her "hair" isn't really hair, so much as appendages. They are large skin flaps (this explaining why the "hair" isn't shaded like hair). Hope you like!

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
(#124 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 10-01-2010, 12:45 AM

I'm unfortunately not going to have enough time to finish. I thought I was, but somehow time got away from me and it would be silly to extend it for me since I'm going away to a Bar Mitzvah tomorrow night after my research course.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#125 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-07-2010, 03:57 PM

Okies ^.^

Unfortunatley due to my bug which is causing me to... not be able to keep my food down, I don't really have the patince or inspiration to make awards at the moment. However please expect some soon :3

1st: LancasterPrincess
2nd: Spirit_Queen
3rd: Miranda_
4th: Kiwi_Kat

It was really hard to choose between everyon'e entries, please tell me if anyone has any problems >.<

I do not bite, even when I'm sick xD

(#126 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 10-08-2010, 10:29 AM

Ooo! Neat! I haven't won in like, forever! I'm really surprised though?! Kudos to everyone else, your dolls were fabulous!

I have a theme for the next round already, but I'd like to post it with a full keyboard and pics I've had saved, so check back later! I promise to get it up before I go to sleep.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#127 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-08-2010, 08:50 PM

Sorry, awards are ready ^.^

Hope you all like them, the little green critter took a while xD

Can't wait for the next theme Lovie ^.^

(#128 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-08-2010, 10:38 PM

Congrats Lovie, and everyone else who participated! You all did super well. I am excited to see the new theme, hopefully nothing too obscure (I can't really think out of the box too well).

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
(#129 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 10-08-2010, 11:30 PM

Thanks Katie! I hope it's not too obscure? xD

. . ~ Venetian Masks ~ . .

It's not exactly what it seems! (And I wanted to do this contest LONG before Halloween, so please DON'T merge the two when creating your entry!)

What I want you all to do is Google pics of Venetian Masks. They can be the decorative wall ones, or the ones you wear, whichever you prefer, though I will admit to the wall masks being the initial inspiration. Find a mask that speaks to your liking, one that just really WOWS you! Once you've chosen your favorite I want you to call "dibs" on it. Post a link (read: Link, not picture) and then proceed to make a doll in inspiration OF the mask.

You can choose to doll her IN the mask (holding/carrying/etc) but that is not required (though I will likely favor those that put in the effort, read: effort, not talent). You must use three references from the mask you choose. For example:

http://i.acdn.us/image/A1252/1252154/300_1252154.jpg

Using this mask, I would make a doll with blue feathers, holding a long-necked bird, wearing some gold hues, or maybe some flowers here and there. I would definitely include the mask because I adore challenges and trying new things, but it's not required!

One thing to not do is divide things, or minimize. For example, using the same mask: A doll with some red feathers, a gold ring, and a calla lily flower, or holding a parrot.

Make it resemble the mask. Think Mask Incarnate, or that the mask comes alive.

Also, please choose fancy masks. I don't want to see cat/goul masks, or plain Jane "Phantom Of The Opera" masks.

Hope y'all have fun with this! Any questions/concerns just PM me!

DEADLINE: Wednesday, October 27th.
Extensions will only be made until the end of Sunday, October 31st. If you can't/won't make it by the extension date then please don't hold everyone else up.
*Edit: The deadline is fast approaching! If you're certain you can have your entry completed and entered by October 31st then PM me letting me know you'd like that extension. Be aware that I have a long memory, if you hold everyone else up just to not finish I will deny an extension in the future, on grounds of unreliability. I don't mean to detour extension requests, you're more than welcome to ask, I just don't want people to have to wait uneccesarily.

WHEN YOU'RE READY TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY:
Please provide a list of your 3 intended references!
Please ALSO provide a link to the mask you chose in your submission post!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 10-25-2010 at 08:58 AM.
(#130 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-09-2010, 12:45 AM

Katie your alien entry was amazing too, you did think outside the box for that, it was really hard to judge ^.^

So many to choose from...so many colours...so many feathers...But I have found my mask and I would like to call dibs on it if that's alright...

The Link - http://farm1.static.flickr.com/132/4...3adf738239.jpg

Can't wait to get started *goes of to start dolling*

EDIT: Changed my mask if that's okay, I edited the link ;3

Last edited by Cheshire1996 : 10-09-2010 at 02:13 AM.
Closed Thread