Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#111 (permalink))
Old
sentimental7 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 09-13-2010, 09:20 PM

Oh dear.. that makes me feel very sad, I'm sorry to hear that Lancaster.. ='[ My prayers shall be with your family; I hope you shall make it through alright.. ♥

So, you do not have to apologize at all. ^^; Anyway, thank you for letting me know.

Well then, since nobody else is planning on entering, I suppose Cheshire1996 wins by default.. ^^; Your entry was very well done by the way, and I appreciate your efforts as well as how closely you stuck to the theme you chose to doll! =) It is uber cute and I love it to bits! Very swell!~ ♥ And thanks for posting your references as well.. haha. XD

So, please post the new theme~ =D

Just a heads up, but I will make you an uber special award when I have the time in between school, Chessie. ♥ I was planning on drawing something up on paper, scanning it, and pixeling it, if it is to turn out alright... ^^; Hope that it is okay and that you will like it when it is finished.. I will post it on your profile when I am done. If you have any problems with this, just let me know. ^-^;

And once more, I apologize~

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-14-2010, 03:36 AM

^ It sounds wonderful, I'm sure it'll look gorgeous >.<
It does make me feel kinda sad that I can only win because I'm the only entrant though xD
But enough of me feeling sorry for myself and time for the theme ^.^

And the theme is...

.:Out of This World:.

By out of this world I mean you get to pixel the supernatural type beings we know as aliens. Green, blue, tall, short, pretty or cute, it's all up to you. The one thing I ask is that your doll have something weird about it, it can be their physical features such as an extra eye or weirdly coloured skin and hair or it can be props and backgrounds such as UFO's and planets. You can ven have a human doll with a strange pet alien... Then of course there are costumes, like I said before it's completely up to you...go wild...have fun with it.
I think it goes without saying I want them to be appropriate, not overly violent or gory and please keep your aliens clothes on, or cover them up xD

You can find lots of good ref pics by searching for sci fi television shows and movies on google images or on dA, shows like Doctor Who always have pretty cool aliens and you can really go crazy by combining heaps of ideas and coming up with your own.

The deadline will be October 5th, as I'll be leaving for Japan on Friday and won't return for about two weeks.

Please have fun and feel free to enter...I'm not overly strict and if you need an extension just ask, I don't bite ^.^

Last edited by Cheshire1996 : 09-14-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#113 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-14-2010, 04:35 PM

Oh good, a nice long deadline! I'm sure I'll feel "up to" pixeling in a few days or next week, so expect an entry from me! Have fun in Japan!

Thanks Sentimental, it means a lot. I will definitely be sending you a belated entry, I was really looking forward to making one!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#114 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-14-2010, 05:27 PM

Thanks, can't wait to see what everyone comes uo with :3

(#115 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 09-14-2010, 05:35 PM

I want to do a specific humanoid alien. x3

WHAT? You're going to Japan? *ENVIOUS!* Why?

(#116 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-14-2010, 05:45 PM

Grats with Japan. <3 And for winning..

Should've joined, didn't. :\ No point in pixelling g-lol, everyone's seen 'nuff of me doin it...

e.e;

Not joining this one, gomenesai. //Fails
(#117 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 09-14-2010, 10:12 PM

Ooooo, I think I'm going to join this. I would love to do some different skin tones.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#118 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-15-2010, 02:32 AM

Yay, positivity! Can't wait to see your entries Kitty and Queenie...

We're going to Japan tocatch up with mums friend who recently had a baby and they live over there ^.^

Christy how can you say you fail...your dolls never fail >.<

(#119 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-16-2010, 05:12 PM

Here's my entry; a Twi'Lek dancer from Star Wars. Unusualness is the head tails and different skin colour.

Base: Star Girl

(#120 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-17-2010, 03:45 PM

Meet Soli! (So-Lee) Isn't she cute?! I did A TON of base-edits to create her. She's of the Dariana Race (So she's a Darianan). I had NO idea where to start for this doll. I did find the base with the lips already set abnormally low and with pointy ears, but I knew I wanted a more "alien" look. I started with the MIA nose. Instead of creating a nose in the normal place I've put her "nose" in between her eyes around her antennae and all over her ears. I say "nose" because it's not really what we know to be a nose. It's a sensory gland.

The Dariana Race has evolved over the years to have supremely advanced senses. Those glands can smell like a nose, taste like a tongue and feel like a cat's whiskers, especially the glands on the ears.

Other than the edits already mentioned the skin is obviously abnormal (it's turquoise-blue due to the creatures being mostly made of water), and she has the 'normal' alien digits (with rounded tips, lacking as many as we have with 4 on each hand and 3 on each foot). Their walking/running capabilities are flawed by their lack of balance due to their few toes.

The lack of sufficient toes do not pose a problem as the Darianan race has advanced technology. They've created an "instant transportation" suit that also allows them to hover. The suit allows them to do both as they're mostly made of water. It's like a controlled 'misting effect'. The only setback is that the suit requires hydro-power.

Which brings us to why these cute little things have come to our precious planet. They're resources are low where they come from. There's not a doubt in any Earthling's mind that these clumsy and adorably small creatures will destroy us all with their advanced technology and super-sensory abilities. Doom I tell you...D-o-O-o-M!!!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 09-17-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Closed Thread