Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-09-2010, 02:22 PM

Nice to see you back Crit time!

Hair: I think you were doing much better with your hair before. It had more highlights and stranding, so you should work on returning to that.You might want to shave down a bit of the hair since it seems a bit large for the head, unless you were going that way?

Rose: Nice touch I know of a rose tut I've always liked, so here's a link: :: x a n d o r r a s :: p l a c e :: making flowers The shaping in particular is what you should focus on.

Dress: Nice job on the curves of your dress! One small thing need tweaking and that is the left hand side of the dress. It curves up faster than the other side, so you'll want to do more of the gradual fall. The beginning of your folds are looking nice, you just want to bring them out further. Right now you aren't seeing the other colours of your palette for the shading so remember to use them throughout, not just for a fold.

Shoes: I always find shoes on big footed bases really difficult. Next time, might I suggest shaving the feet down a bit? Its a bit advanced, but I personally find it easier to make the shoe rather than trying to make it fit the doll.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-09-2010, 07:34 PM

It looks very nice!
But you seem to have the same problem I had when I was just starting out: You make the shading for the folds, but don't add fold outlines. So all you end up seeing on the shirts are dark lines coming out from the side. But it'd the same exact thing I did so don't worry about it.

Just remember to make a fold as part of your shirt outline.

I really like the shoes, good work!

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!