Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Bridie's First Handdrawns - 02-19-2010, 09:55 PM

This is the first handdrawn I've actually had time to focus on. Please only comment on the hair as the shirt was a last minute thing to cover the base. I was mainly practicing drawing the hair

Base credit: .: Menta Base :. by ~SilverHealer on deviantART

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 02-19-2010, 10:24 PM

Wow! That's great for your first time! Here's my CC though: The hair outline shouldn't be as thick as it is. It should only be about one pixel wide. Here it looks as if it's two to three pixels wide. The shirt also looks a bit pillowy, and it appears there are no highlights or shadows. I know shadows are hard to do on a potrait base, but you gotta try! I love love love the shading on the hair! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better than my first try >.< May I ask what program you use?

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 02-19-2010, 10:35 PM

I used Photo editor online - Pixlr.com edit image

The reason for the outline looking like it's three pixels wide is because it is three pixel wide lol! I had trouble using the pencil tool and getting the fill tool to fill online in the outlines, so I used a size three brush, which seems to have extra shaded pixels.

I know the shirt is pillowy, but I was just throwing it together really quickly to cover the base. like I said, the hair was my priority. I used this tutorial: P i x ** P a r a d i s e ****

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-20-2010, 03:21 PM

Watermelon Bubblegum has much better tuts for beginning handdrawers. Libby has quite a few up; however, to start with, try her Full Doll Tutorial. It shows how to pixel a top, a skirt, hair, socks and shoes. ^^

(#5 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 02-20-2010, 07:13 PM

Thank you for the reference! I tried to follow it as best I could, but I think the hair is a little on the pillow-y side. I didn't bother with the accessories (i.e hats, shoes, and socks)

Base credit: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory

Hopefully I improved slightly lol!

(#6 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 03-08-2010, 10:00 PM

This is Melissa. She loves getting dressed up, and doing her hair. She is naturally a brunette, but this time, she wanted to dye her hair blonde. But her little cousin switch the labels on the blonde dye and a bottle of green dye. Now that she's finally here, she notices for the first time that her hair is bright green! She earns the nickname "Medusa" because the paparazzi think her hair looks like garden snakes.

base credit: DHF - Bases[/quote]