Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-01-2014, 11:32 AM

I don't mind. I'm also on Glam! - but I rarely go on there. Every once and a while I do a doll or base dump and make a few comments, but that's pretty much all I do.

I definitely can tell that it's Nala, so that's good! And the cub outline is good - it looks just like it does in the movies. =D I also really like the spear, and the jewelery looks so shiny! I love that.

Also, I can see the improvement in the outline! There's maybe one or two small fixes that could be done to the hair (not enough to even warrent me pointing the exact parts out - pretty much just study the wave-y part that covers the head), but after zooming in, the outline of the clothing looks pretty solid! Thumbs up!

My CC: The blond hair palette has too much "green" in it. As you probably know, when you darken yellow, it turns a gross green-brown shade. The palette in the hair should be more like the one you used on the skirt. Also, the highlights in the hair should be thicker (to match the thicker looking shadows), or there should be more thin ones to balance it out. Here's an example of the hair done in a very similar (I altered it slightly. I think I added one shade or something) palette to the skirt, and making those highlights thicker:

The third example is of a more platinum blond/yellow palette on the hair and skirt, really just because I wanted to see how it would turn out. xD To me, it's maybe more 'Nala'-esque, but that's just my opinion. It's fine either way.

Oh, I'd also personally thicken the eyebrows a bit, but that's another opinion of mine, not really a CC. I currently have a thing for women with thicker eyebrows.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!