Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Chessie's handrawn dolls - 08-28-2009, 08:59 PM

Hallo I'm pretty new to hand drawing and I just wanted to put up a few of my dolls to see if people like them.

Firstly I am not someone with the talent to go and produce a base out of thin air so thankyou to DHF(The doll on the hill factory): DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory

Also please do not take any of these dolls without asking me, that is stealing and I'd hate for that to happen. I put my dolls here just to see what people thought about them so don't steal them I worked very hard.

This is my fairy I liked the way the dress came out and the hair too. She's probably my favourite so far.

This is my centaur I really liked the base but I stuffed up the horse part a bit. I like the flower idea though...

She's and elf/nymph/sprite kind of creature. I really wanted to do something green though I don't really know why. Anyway I really like her.

This is the last one. I did the purple and green without realizing it's the same colour scheme for disney's little mermaid. Oh well, she doesn't look like ariel and I like her a lot.

That's all for now but I'd really like to know what people think of them.
I worked really hard so I hope you like them

Last edited by Cheshire1996 : 04-05-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Thumbs up 08-28-2009, 09:06 PM

They're really good, but they need shading. There are a few tutorials around the forums and on some dolling sites that are very helpful.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
tinker_bell_96 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-28-2009, 09:14 PM

yea same with what becca said u could get help from the tutorials for the shading but other than that ther are amazing!! i love the fairy one and the elf/nymph ones the best i wish i could make handdrawn dolls but i really dont have that kind of talent lol please post more chessie
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 08-29-2009, 12:51 AM

Hey Chessie,
They are good for your 1st efforts..Well done!
You have the drawing part down pat(which is the easy part sorry to say) now just work on shading which is the hard part
Good pallettes are the key to great shading the forum mods have put up a thread specifically for colour pallettes, Check them out!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 08-29-2009, 12:58 AM

I think they're really cute! You've got some great ideas going on with the costumes! I think you'll be a pro in no time flat! Practice practice practice and don't give up!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-29-2009, 10:30 AM

Sadly, my favourite sites for tutorials are down; however, P i x ** P a r a d i s e **** has some very good and easy to follow tuts on shading clothes and hair.

There's also a few good tuts on DA; just search them up. Here's a couple to get you started.

Pixel Dolling Hair Tutorial by ~Shaylo12 on deviantART

Nene Style Doll Tutorial by ~Youkai-Dumatra on deviantART