Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#81 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-30-2010, 01:13 AM

Base: felirile's deviantART gallery

I finally mustered up the enthusiasm to get started on a Handrawn again, however after not working on paint for a while it's completely pathetic XD

She was made for a candycane inspired contest on another site. The only rules were you could only use one colour and white, something she was wearing had to be stripey and there had to, of course, be a candycane ^.^

I took the opportunity to pixel stripey tights...

... I like 'em >.<

That's about the only thing I like about her actually, anyways comments and stuffs are welcome ^.^

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#82 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 12-30-2010, 11:12 AM

You hate it, but I love it! She looks almost plastic-ey, which totally goes with her candy cane. ^^ My only CC is that everything on your doll has lots of contrast in the pallette except her tights... and on patterned tights, high contrast is important to make shading more evident.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#83 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 12-30-2010, 06:37 PM

Thanks ^.^

I shall try to rememebr that next time :3

(#84 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 12-31-2010, 12:32 PM

I absolutely LOVE your dolls! They are a breath of fresh air, truly. I'm stuck in the world of strict-shading methods and you've somehow broken free into a world of fun geometric lovelyness. Kudos to you and your individuality!

Like spirit_queen I too only have one CC, but it's not the shading, and it's not even really CC, lol. The candy cane is floating, I get it, but it looks odd? I keep wanting to see her thumb holding it up. Maybe it's that it doesn't look natural with the pose? Idk. So like I said, it's not really CC, just something to think about I guess, if that makes sense?

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#85 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-31-2010, 03:53 PM

Oh my gosh I love your most recent doll ^^ The only thing i have to say is that the front of the skirt looks sort of...blocky? I dunno xD Ignore me, I know nothing >3< *hides*

I also want to say that I love love love your Mary Sue story. It made me laugh. A lot. xD

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#86 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-01-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterPrincess View Post
Like spirit_queen I too only have one CC, but it's not the shading, and it's not even really CC, lol. The candy cane is floating, I get it, but it looks odd? I keep wanting to see her thumb holding it up. Maybe it's that it doesn't look natural with the pose? Idk. So like I said, it's not really CC, just something to think about I guess, if that makes sense?
Oh, I just thought th "camera" caught the girl in the middle of twirling the thing... XD

(#87 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-05-2011, 11:33 PM

Awww, Thanks everyone >.<

I know it isn't really a doll but I figure if other people put their drawings in their handrawn threads I can do the same...and also I have absoluetely no idea where else it can go XD

So.....
Cheshire1996 on deviantART

Sorry the scanner made it all hard to see i.i
I'd still love to know what everyone thinks though ^.^

Last edited by Cheshire1996 : 01-06-2011 at 04:52 PM.
(#88 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-08-2011, 02:12 AM

YOU PROFER.
xD
I love your stylee. <3
And the doll itself is amazingly cute. :'3

I could never do such a thing with a limited palette. = =
(#89 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-22-2011, 05:00 AM

Thanks >.<

I get too scared of big pallettes, hence the limitations o.o

(#90 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-29-2011, 12:39 AM

Base: Mariiii's Dolls House

'Tis Kitty Pryde a member of the X-Men with the mutant ability of intangibility, meaning she can walk through solid objects. Hence her arm and leg are on the other side of the background ^.^
She's largely based on the X-Men Evolution character however she's in the traditional blue and yellow uniform (because I prefer it). Also, no matter how much she's presented to adore shopping in the show she is essentially still a bit of a dorky genius to me so must therefore be dressed a little dorkilly...clashing colours and baggy jeans :3

I really like her blue and yellow outfit however the red converses were bugging me and I gave up trying to improve them eventually. Comments and critique are very welcome...as always...