Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#201 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-26-2011, 08:30 AM

Much better. The figure no longer looks so stiff and awkward.

I still feel like you focus too much on the hourglass body-type shape so much to the point that it compromises your figure. Her waist on our left (her right) goes in a bit too far up near the rib cage; even a corset couldn't squish you down that much.

Remember that the ribcage actually goes out a little and comes in again so that it's almost upside-down heart-shaped... here's the best reference I could find that shows both the skeleton and the body... http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thum...d-skeleton.jpg

Would you believe that most images that come up even when you type "human female skeleton" are in fact male? You can tell by the width of the shoulders vs. the hips and how far the "heart" of the rib cage expands outward...

Anyways, my point for you is that now that you have reference, you should try to learn the basics of the structure underneath the body. The more you know of the bones and muscles, the easier it is to make interesting poses for your drawings and still make it look believable. (I'm not saying you have to memorize every bone and ever stupid little muscle in the body... only extreme scientists do that. But a decent knowledge of underlaying structure will just make you a better artist. ^^)

I learned all my stuff from the show Bones and from my own observations. XD Like, at school, when someone moves their arm, note how the shoulder muscles either stand out or relax according to the movement, an same with the leg muscles. Or you can be an idiot like me and smile, raise your eyebrows, and mouth the alphabet at yourself in the mirror to note how the hairline, ears, and nose move according to what facial expression you're making...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#202 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-26-2011, 10:13 PM

LOLyes, I think I do. ;c I know this problem - I tend to try to make people look like they have an hourglass figure so they are more attractive but it doesn't even work ffff

Ahhh~

Commie, 20k, on Gaia ~

Ref:

Perspective Test 1 by *SenshiStock on deviantART

I don't like this one and I gave up on it because the girl who wants me to LINEART it and COLOR it said I had a day to do it well ff her to hell I hope she dies

Ref: [ x ]

Uhh lol

Ref: [ x ]

Last edited by noirmali : 05-27-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#203 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-27-2011, 08:43 AM

The blue sketch looks fantastic. ^^

I used to do stuff like that, too, but people can look just as attractive if done realistically- unless you're intentinally warping proportions, like for a chibi or cartoon.

(#204 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 05-31-2011, 07:00 PM

Thank you <3

AS YOU ALL KNOW BY NOW CUZ I WHINE EVERYWHERE I GO MY LAPPY'S BROKEN WHICH MEANS I CAN'T DO DIGITAL ANYMORE TILL IT'S FIXED >:L

Well.

FACEBOOK

Christy Treekhem: Laptop broke. Can't draw anymore.

Damara Bella Omohundro: ever heard of drawing by hand

------

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

LydiaEldafreya on deviantART
(#205 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-01-2011, 08:12 AM

I lov the almost Impressionism-style shading in the hair, a.k.a. a bit blurred, as if the eyes were unfocused. I have a feeling that the original irl is brighter, sharper, and has more color contrast, but it's often hard to get digital copies of traditional art to look like the real thing.

(#206 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 06-04-2011, 10:41 PM

Tyy~

;.;

GOT A NEW TABLET
(#207 (permalink))
Old
tinker_bell_96 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-04-2011, 10:58 PM

awwwwwwwwww it ish soooooooo coote i wanna snuggle and hug it and love it forever

Avi by Lovie
Sig by Lovie
(#208 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 06-06-2011, 04:21 PM

Aww, you're so nice. ^-^

New one, for the Dark Lord ^.^

(#209 (permalink))
Old
tinker_bell_96 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-06-2011, 05:52 PM

thanks ur soo nice too and this one is really good just like all of them but the eyes seem a litle too far up in comparison to the nose but other than that it is good

Avi by Lovie
Sig by Lovie
(#210 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 06-07-2011, 01:20 AM

Aww~! Thank you...:'3 You're like always looking at my art and commenting, ty ty ^^

For someone on Gaia...It's been a while ( FOREVER ) since I did one of these pixel things...~_~ None of my drawing programs except Paint will open. D8