Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#191 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 05-22-2011, 07:36 PM

I was just about to suggest Helga Sinclair from the same movie, because she was badass, but sure, Kida is fine too . Atlantis was such an underrated movie.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#192 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-23-2011, 10:49 PM

I NEED HELP.
LIKE REALLY REALLY NEED IT.

First of all, ANATOMY.

This anatomy is full of BS.

Second of all, HANDS
Wtf do I even want with the hands I don't know; maybe holding some of her aura ? + 3 + So like cupped...but not together.

FML

Third of all, wtf is with the coat, it totally does NOT flow.

The pink crap is the Aura, I gave up on this after a while. xD

If I can get this all working right then this will turn into a pretty-pretty-piccu. ;.;

Lolhopefully.IfIgetthisright.
Reference

All items (C) Gaia, but chara belongs to me. =.='
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#193 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-23-2011, 11:20 PM

The biggest problem with he legs is that she looks stiff, like an action figure posed by a kid and being held up. Also, she's pigeon-toed; the foot hanging in the air looks like it's turned inward and therefor looks stuff. Try drawing the foot pointing a little more outward, though not too much.

The hips (and therefore legs) should be farther forward; as she is now, she doesn't look as though she could balance like that. Right now, you could draw a straight line down from her chin, through her torso and out her- er- inbetween her legs. When one is balancing on one foot, the body is usually curved one way or another to shift where the majority of the body-weight sits for balance.

Hands are hard to help you with from scratch like this without a visual example... just take a shot at them and post another WiP, and hopefully I can give you pointers from there.

(#194 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-24-2011, 01:26 AM

It is so impossibly good, there go any chances I ever had XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirmali View Post
: D Thank you Elanorea! >O<~

o3o I .. still ... fail to see her ugliness. : C I guess I'm just weird. -shrugs.-

THIS WAS GONNA BE FOR ELANOREA'S CONTEST BUT THEN I FINISHED IT AND WENT BACK AND READ HER CONTEST AND IT WAS LIKE LOL NO MAIN CHARACTERS AND SINCE I'M A RETARD I DIDN'T READ THAT THE FIRST TIME FFFF I'M SO STUPID.

Maybe I'll make another doll for her contest anyway. LOL

Base credit: wish04 on deviantART

(#195 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 05-24-2011, 09:54 PM

Second attempt at sketching her.

No more fullbodyshots; I tried to fix the old one and it looked like crap still. : |

I base my fullbodies on my mannequin and he just doesn't -bend- that way. D<

Sketch for my friend Katie-Channn on deviantART this character is a Medic from TF2 and belongs to her. <3

For ColoredPencil!

Last edited by noirmali : 05-24-2011 at 10:49 PM.
(#196 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-24-2011, 11:05 PM

I HATE those mannequin things; they don't move like real people and don't help me at all! I find them a waste of money...

Second sketch looks better, but you can't avoid fullbody forever; you have to work on what you're bad at. Right now, I'm drawing and shading men realistically, because that's a current weak-point that needs working on... anyways, you should practice.

SenshiStock's deviantART Gallery, has hundreds of interesting and generic poses for reference. She even encourages that you use her images for reference; that's what ti's for, basically. Hopefully this will help you with figuring out how to balance a body without relying on a wooden doll. (Not bashing you, just the mannequins)

You gonna shade the blue portrait, then?

(#197 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 05-24-2011, 11:09 PM

Yes, Katie requested that I lineart it and colour it. : > As an art trade, she will draw my character *3* ~ It seems I cannot get anyone to draw my character unless I request an art trade, teehee. x3

Yes, D: My mannequin won't move anywhere, and I can make it do awkward angles that humans cannot do. So I have decided to name it after the Dark Lord and keep it as my plaything. ( Not like that. )

-sighs- I know. I need to practice fullbodies more. : C It's so painful without a person standing in front of me, ( lol wtf it's not like I can ask my mom to pose for me) but with those pictures, it will help so much! :'D Thank you muchies. <3

The slight problem is that I want my character in motion >:C Not -posing-? I guess I'll have to just look up references. Gaah. I always thought copying was bad.
(#198 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-24-2011, 11:18 PM

Senshistock has some motion-like pictures. ^^ Go look! Like I said, she encourages reference... and credit isn't required, but appreciated.

I don't remember where I read this, but once i read an artist say, "You don't start out drawing an apple out of your head, you start out looking at an actuall apple and drawing it. Eventually, you'll get good enough at apple that you can draw one without looking at one." (Quote not exact...)

Anyways, the point is that you can't learn how to balance out proportions and weight without good reference, and it's awkard to ask after IRL (trust me, I know!), so you have to find images to reference. dA stock is excellent for reference, because stock is designed to be used by other people; if they expect their images to be taken and manipulated into art, what do they care if you base a pose or a set of hands or are inspired by them?

(#199 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 05-26-2011, 04:19 AM

:'D Spirit, you're awesome. <3

So I tried using a ref...It really helped.

I think.

Q.Q

Or maybe it just looks better because I took the time to crappily shade it.

Reference: [ x ]

STILL LOOKS CRAPPY THOUGH

Iwishpeoplewoulddrawmycharacter~~~
(#200 (permalink))
Old
tinker_bell_96 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-26-2011, 06:33 AM

OMG IT IS NOT CRAPPY THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!
it is deffinitly an improvement and i cant draw people ver well but i will make a doll of it for you i just gotta find props an everything but i will deffinitly do that for yu if you would like

Avi by Lovie
Sig by Lovie