Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#131 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-09-2011, 11:01 AM

Kira - It tends to do that if you computer clock is set differently I've noticed. If your time is set at 12:15 A.M. when you post and Christy's time is at 12:20 A.M. when she posted, your post will come first even though you posted after her. :P

Christy - You already know how much I love your work ♥ The way you do hair is jealousy-worthy. :D
(Yesterday, that new picture I put on deviantART, within the first five minutes some troll was all "lolz nice mary sue btw ur art stinks" :( What's with people these days? First you, now me...)

Base by KawaiiHannah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#132 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-10-2011, 07:43 PM

Aww, thanks everyone for the support. <3

Ach, Mina. Yes. I wonder what's going around. Dx I've had a few haters/flamers lately, and it's bothering me - on Gaia, too...*irritated*

Ahaha, well, Spirit, that's how I prefer to go. So that's how I achieve my strandy hair.

Shh. I don't have a...legit version of Fotoshop...<__Private Msg if you really want to know the details__>

I don't mind if you do. <3 It's quite lonely nowadays. xP

Okay, so. I drew the Dark Lord. :3 I've been drawing for Him a lot lately...

AND HIS GAIA, as always, is here! If you have a Gaia, go send him a note or something! x'D
Viewing Iord VoIdemort's profile | Gaia Profiles v2 | Gaia Online

:'D ~ <3 I drew this on Paint Tool SAI (Which, by the way Kira, is a nice free substitute for Photoshop, and I prefer it more than GIMP) because I wanted to try out the watercolour tool. I got somewhat addicted. >''<;;
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#133 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-10-2011, 08:43 PM

Dude that's sick o.O

Really? I thought Paint Tool SAI cost money...because like I had a trial version of it and every time I looked for it, it always said that it cost like 50 bucks or something. O.e but that's an awesome drawing! Muahahaha Moldywart...I love it!

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#134 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 01-12-2011, 12:15 PM

Oooh.
Looks like my version of Paint Tool Sai isn't that...legit either..

ANYWAY.
I have 3 little crappy HP doodles because I got bored. They feature me, the Dark Lord, Tom, and Potter.

AND THEN I DID THAT FOR MY FIRST LIT PROJECT which took too darn long. Now there's another lit project and BEEP if I have to Photomanipulate anything for it 'cuz I don't have a photo. e.o;;

Yes I'm quite aware that I suck at backgrounds. I'm not particularly fond of any of these especially the doodles because I did not even try on them. :u I just post them for the lulz and sees who actually reads them.
(#135 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 01-15-2011, 01:35 PM

I drew this for my friend Jessie as an art trade.
She gave me this in return.
RaikuIshigari on deviantART

She says she likes it but I dunno. I really hate it.

Dunt give me too much CC, I know what's wrong so far:
Face anatomy. (Eyes, nose, mouth, *****ed up face)

Messed up hair.

Ew-Scarf

Bad palettes

Uhhyeah that's it 'cuz I actually like the goggles. >:C
(#136 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-15-2011, 06:19 PM

You actually use pallettes for your art? Lol, I just make up my colors anymore; if it looks purty together, I'm happy. XD

Love the hair; I suck at coloring hair in cg... could you make a tut? The goggles are also nice.

The scarf needs deeper shadows (a nice, deep navy would be perfect) in the section just under the ear; this would give the scarf more dimension and, therefore, make it more believable. That's the downfall of using pallettes for a lot of artists; they limit themselves only to the pallette, and don't stretch beyond it...

(#137 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 01-16-2011, 04:44 PM

Haha. The scarf was rushed.
I was like.
F*** IT'S 6 PM AND I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS SINCE 11 PM YESTERDAY.
I'M GOING TO ***** AROUND WITH THE SCARF CUZ JESSIE DOESN'T GIVE A ****.

And she didn't.

Uh.

YAY PRYSM NOIRE! MY LATEST GARY STU OC! <3
I am doing art trades for him. Tell me if you're interested.

...And if you want to help me make him non-Gary-stu-ish, tell me that too.
:\
(#138 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-16-2011, 06:31 PM

I want his hat... can you make me one? XD

What makes a Gary Stu a Stu is the horrid personality... or lack thereof. All I've learned of this guy is how he looks... so I can't actually tell if he's really Stu or not. XD But if you mean he's supposed to be a typical bishie-type, things like a scar or a few well-definined features that aren't quite perfect would make him more... believable? Human? Dunno what word to insert here.

(#139 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-16-2011, 06:34 PM

If you plan to use him in original fiction/fanfiction/RP, then having faults is always the best way. And they have to be real faults; not just crap like "He was so good looking, everyone was jealous and hated him for it". -.- Clumsiness is also not a good one, cuz of rabid Mary Sue Bella Swan. Good faults are laziness, selfishness, vanity, childishness, greed and envy.

(#140 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 01-16-2011, 09:55 PM

Well. I already decided that he's vain.
Srsly I made him just so that he would look cool. .u.

I found this stamp on DeviantArt that says "IT'S OKAY TO LIKE SOME MARY SUES." And I have to say that I agree with it a little. D: It's nice to have the real charas, and stuff, but it's hard to make anyone entirely normal, simply because normality doesn't exist. It's an illusion created by society to have an excuse to pick on those who are different.

So then we make up characters that we wish were real, our images of "perfection". Is that really -that- bad...?

Anyway, sorry to get all philosophical.

My character's vain. He thinks he's very beautiful-ish and that no one can resist him. :\ He tries to act silent so he looks cool, but inside he just is an attention seeker and wants compliments, wants to be acknowledged that he's better than everyone else - well that's what he thinks anyway. xD He applies lots of makeup every day. Like a girl.
Urr. Making some stuff up on the spot, I haven't actually -made- his background yet!

I know I'm pairing him with Nightmare Loreliux though. D: Who is like, my weird OC who is really hyper and likes to cosplay. Especially as a nurse. She has like, normal Asian parents who are like DO YOUR HOMEWORK OKAY U DID IT MAKE SURE U DO UR PROJECT OKAY U DID IT GO PLAY UR PS2 (Although she's like, lazy, so she procrastinates till the last second to do her homework, rather hunting stuff up on the net bout cosplay and stuffs) and one best friend, two confidants, but everyone thinks she's a little weird. She acknowledges it and is hurt when people say stuff like that, but prefers to act happy 'cuz it makes her feel like her life is more carefree. :u The popular people talk to her but like, not a lot. They think she's weird too. Her best friends usually don't care how she acts but when she's like, over the line, they tell her. She likes to flaunt her interests in peoples' faces. YAY
AMG SHE'S LIKE LUNA EXCEPT SHE'S NOT.

IT'S THE ANIME WORLD SO THEY HAVE WHITE HAIR. LOL

YAY GARY STU X MARY SUE!!!

-flails arms wildly-

This post was off topic. I'll just post some....ugly crap art so it's like....Accepted.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ya-d374cew.png

Darn big picture so I linked out. GAIA FREEBIES I DON'T WANT CC ON THE BIG PICTURE I DID IT IN LIKE 3 MINUTES The other three are fine, though.

Last edited by noirmali : 01-16-2011 at 09:58 PM.