Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#121 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-28-2010, 10:07 AM

I love the avvie art; I always do love avvie art that people do, but most people charge far too much. I mean, I understand it takes work and all, but what people charge is way out of my price range.

I had Hermes Moon for a while, got bored with it and sold it. XD I really need to get some new items in the New Year.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#122 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-28-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterPrincess View Post
I absolutely ADORE your work. You're so talented, and your posts are always amusing to read.

Out of all your posts since November I only have 1 CC. The hair on the girl for the gift you gave to the Dark Lord: Since it's a half-pony tail the panel of hair on the dolls right side (I thinks) should have started further back, like at the lip or chin. Right now it looks like only half her half pony tail is put up, so it looks like the right side lays flat like a simple parted down-style and the quarter you see is in the "half" pony. I hope that makes sense, lol.

Even so, that's just technical stuff, the hair technique was flawless IMO and truly stunning.
Her hair is actually like this:

Both sides are laid flat, and at the bottom there are curls. Lazy me = no curls. LET'S JUST PRETEND I HAD A BAD HAIRDAY KK I was going for the effect that one side was falling down like normal, and the other was draped over her shoulder. *___*
Thank you very much. :'D I don't think I'm that good...I mean, like, KawaiiHannah and MistressJaeden are definitely better... And I'm glad you think I'm amusing. >D Laughter is the best medicine.
Except when you laugh too much. Then that's just weird. :\
It's defffinitely not flawless, though. Hahah. I can name at least five things per picture right off the bat. I'm too lazy to edit them, though. = =;
Another bad thing about me. Laziness. ROFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
I love the avvie art; I always do love avvie art that people do, but most people charge far too much. I mean, I understand it takes work and all, but what people charge is way out of my price range.

I had Hermes Moon for a while, got bored with it and sold it. XD I really need to get some new items in the New Year.
I do love avatar art as well. ^__^; But I hate doing avatar art that's with animals, or some sort of complex background. Which is why I gave up pixelling for gold - it's too much of a hassle and you only get 5~50k per doll.
I mean, I did a chibi - took me till 5 AM - and got 50k. My fingers were burning 'cuz I don't use a pattern when I dither - I actually draw out each pixel. =___='' //failed

Thank you. Hmm.
Well, there are people who sell their work at 5, 10k. I was selling at 25k earlier and that's pretty affordable. Still, nowadays when people can make 200k a day by farming in Papa Saw and 300k a day by farming in Shallow Seas, prices are of course going to inflate. xD

And lots of people have enough gold to spend on stuff like this. This girl obviously had enough gold. I don't actually think that anyone's overpricing... If you look at the drawings that are like 22m, the people are not overpricing. People just want to pay that much because they really want that person's art, it's worth that much. o.o;

As easy as my headshots look, I worked from 7 pm - 5 am for Artemis's, and it took two days. So total of twenty hours, give or take a few. And that's a HEADSHOT lulz. I'd hate to think about those pro-artists and how long they spend on their art. Dx;

There are people selling art for cheaper prices. For example my bribe shop's actually starting bribes at 100k per headshot. But this girl went all out with 300k, and the higher the price the more determined I am to finish it quickly, or else I would've taken a total of four or five days. I'm really glad she liked it and had no complaints. o.o;

xD Ikr - my dream avi needs like 7.4m more - I seriously need to sell more artwork + do some PS hard runs....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#123 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-29-2010, 09:55 AM

I never think that avvie art is overpriced... as long as it's actually good art and not just scribbles. I've seen scribbles and really crap ones at that overpriced. I just see it like I see say, Porche cars. They're not overpriced, but they are way out of my price range.

(#124 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 12-29-2010, 07:56 PM

^ Yeah. Like those 22m people. I don't have that much gold...=_=;

Hmm. If only I could make 22m off of my art. /sigh

base: wish04 on deviantART

New doll. Tool shaded, of course.
:'D Wearing all black. the Dark Lord would be proud of meh.
(#125 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-29-2010, 11:49 PM

The dress looks so soft and silky, actually the hair does too >.<

I really like the moon as well, it's really golden and shiny and smooth and...moonish. I can't think of a word to describe it right now, but I like it and it slightly reminds me of cheese, though that may just be me *thumbs up*

The hair on her looks really nice as well, it's silky again, like one of those shampoo commercials where everyone has really nice, silky, glossy hair @.@
Except in those ads they usuaully only walk around it towels and yoga pants x.x

(#126 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 01-08-2011, 02:15 AM

xD Thank you, Cheshire.

This is another piece for the Dark Lord.

He likes art of his Nagini as a human, so I did some for Him. x'D

He Avada Kedavra'd me later, but I ran away. ;u;

AND For Sammy is her birthday on Jan 7th. =D

LALLALA

Ichigo Kurosaki cheering Sammy on in her favourite colours, black and green. :]

Last edited by noirmali : 01-08-2011 at 02:25 AM.
(#127 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-08-2011, 08:52 PM

0_0 I wanna draw like yoouuu D': *tries to practice but fails* Myeerrhhh

Do you have a tablet? Or do you use a mouse/trackpad?

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#128 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-08-2011, 11:29 PM

Aha...well...I figured you did have a tablet, but I wanted to be sure xD But I do love your work, especially the Nagini drawing.

I luffles photoshop...but sadly our trial ended...and mother refuses to buy us the full version >3< ebil parentals. Well...anywhos, keep drawing stuff because it makes me smile! not that I don't smile a lot but your stuff makes me smile extra lots..

Well now..I can ramble on and on and on and on about my lifes woes, but I don't want to bore you, so..nice work

*waddles away*

*edit*
Woah...why'd this come before your post D: what is this?!
*flails* i'm so confusedd!

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#129 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 01-09-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraIMustBeInvisible View Post
0_0 I wanna draw like yoouuu D': *tries to practice but fails* Myeerrhhh

Do you have a tablet? Or do you use a mouse/trackpad?
I use a tablet, hun.
For all of my pixel art (which I quit creating as although both digital art and pixel art are tedious, digital art creates larger end products) , however, I used the red button. I know you probably don't know what the red button is, but it's essentially what I call it - a red button, of which came on older laptops. Since mine laptop's over ten years old, I have the red button. It allows for more control than a mouse / trackpad, but not as much as a tablet.

For dolls, a mouse is fine, as when pixelling you're supposed to not draw, but instead -pixel- : that is, create each pixel by pixel. It's set like that, and trying to abide by the "one pixel rule" is usually what I do when I'm working on a pixel piece.

Contrary to that, digital art (which is most of my tooled stuffs in Fotoshop) is more of drawing, and is much like using a pencil on paper except it can be much easier with the zoom tool and different brushes.

Plus erasing is 100x easier on Fotoshop than on paper.
(#130 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-09-2011, 07:47 AM

You did your pixel art dot by dot? Dear Lord! I draw it out with my mouse and then edit... you over-comlicate. X.x

I don't do digital art because I always fail my overly-high expectations. My pixel art expectations are ones I can live up to... so pixel art it is.