Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Destroy_x (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default First post with dolls - 02-28-2009, 11:20 AM

Hey guys,

If you can see i am new here on this forum.
So i want to show you guys some dolls i made the last days.

I still have some problems with pixeling hair, so tips on this would be great.

New -> Old (both bases by Mariiiis Dolls House)

The 1st doll is my entry for Welcome - Saji's Dollz Uniform contest. I love pixeling platform shoes and boots and kind of fetish looking dolls. So i imidiatly decided to make a fetish nurse for this contest.

The 2nd doll is my character Blue Thunder, she is 21 years old and she loves platform boots, fake fur and blue She is in the cyb*r goth and the punk scene. This doll is also a entry for Mariiiis Dolls House Color of the Year Contest.

This are the dolls i created the last days. For more doll and bases by me go to my site www.heartbreaker.co.nr

Feel free to give tips, comments and critique.

Last edited by Destroy_x : 02-28-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-28-2009, 11:24 AM

Those are seriously cool! The only thing I can see wrong with the first one is that the hair is kinda shaded chunky; try doing highlights first, then go do the darker strands. ^^

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 02-28-2009, 05:12 PM

Great work, I'm glad to see another doller her Your style is really creative and should be a breath of fresh air here.

I noticed in both dolls that your darker shades are very chunky in the hair, which is probably why you aren't very happy with it. It doesn't look quite natural. Also, the hair on the second doll looks flat. I'm not sure if this is the shape of the base's head or not, but making it a bit "fluffier" would help.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 02-28-2009, 06:43 PM

You. Are. Win. O.o These rock my socks.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Destroy_x (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-02-2009, 07:21 AM

Thank you guys.
I know my hair sucks, but i will keep practising on it till i am able to pixel decent hair.

Hey guys here is a new doll from me.

Today i wanted to make a doll for a marriiiis color of the year contest. But when working on it, i totally got an idea for a wood fairy doll. So i changed my plans for the doll and created this fairy. It took me 5 hours to finish, quite much for a doll, most of the time i only spent 3 hours on it.
I tried to shade the hair on a different way than i normally do, and i have to say that it looks much and much better than the hair i made in the past.
Base is from: quinqui.cl (not working on the moment)
The eyecolor, shape of the eyebrows and the eyebrow color are changes i made.
Color Pallettes: here
Feel free to give c&c and tips.

Edit 1: I added some things, so this is how it now looks, i think i twiggs are a nice add but maybe there are to much leaves in the background. So feel free to give c&c lots of c&C

Mmm no replies.

Make sure to check out the contest on my site!!!

Last edited by Miranda_ : 03-05-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Multiple posting is against forum rules.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-05-2009, 04:31 PM

People don't immediately respond; plus the last time we had new dollers come in, they came in, posted once, then left and never returned. O_o

--

I really like it; it's very earthy and I just love the leaves. ^^ The top looks a little box shaded, kind of like you started at the outline and gradually made each shade lighter a couple of pixels inward at the edge of each shade. A good example of how to shade around the bust is at Watermelon Bubblegum ; while she's never done tuts for bras, bathing suits, etc, the manner of shading can easily be applied to any top. ^^

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm