Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#71 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-04-2012, 04:03 PM

Haha, I know that feeling (no comments).

I will comment =D

Although the hair shading is right, your style better suits the smoother hair. The highlights at the bottom of the hair particularly throw me off, because I feel like they're not bold enough/too bold. The upper hair highlights look good though.

The bow should be shinier to match the rest of the doll.

I am in LOVE with the boots. The pattern is a really cool spin on polka-dots and it looks great. ^_^

EDIT: Miranda's contest was on a specific base... Oops. I was in the process of doing the same. xD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#72 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-04-2012, 05:08 PM

OMG! I totally love her! I love the way you did the hair. Honestly I don't think either way of shading hair is better. I think it would depend on the doll itself. For example this doll is bright and fun and works amazing with shiny hair. Whereas say you in you Frankenstien costume wouldn't look good with shiny hair because the theme really didn't go for that. And even though Abbey has the brightness, making her hair shiny would be really distracting with so many different colors. In my opinion anyways.

Oh and since I forgot to comment on her. I am completely amazed with your Abbey doll. Her design is very complex but you pulled it off so well. I think my favorite part is the hair.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#73 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 12-04-2012, 06:52 PM

SHOOT! I can't believe I missed that detail! Oh well, I TRIED to enter the contest, hopefully Miranda understands that I can't be inspired enough to doll a 2nd entry with the exact same concept on a different base. Can't wait to see what's next!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#74 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 12-04-2012, 07:08 PM

Thanks you two! I think you're right about the bow. I should practice with neon bright colors more often, I had a hard time getting the highlights brighter once the saturation was all the way up, lol.

The bottom of the hair shiny-part looks funky to me too, just can't figure out how to fix it. I put it there because the hair flips out, so it technically should be there, but there's got to be a way to make it look like it belongs. Hmmm... May have to try that again.

Thanks Shino! I tried really hard to stick to the character 100%. I think the only thing off is that I didn't draw her arm-warmers.

(#75 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 12-04-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterPrincess View Post
Thanks ladies!

Me as a cruddy frankenstein. This kind of thing typically happens to me. Me in all my perfectionism sulking when something goes wrong. In this case? My fabulous updo, that I've been looking forward to for weeks has come undone because in all my excitement I forgot to buy bobby pins and all I had were useless hair pins. (Something like this actually just happened to me this past Monday right before our photoshoot, and I wasn't able to put my hair up as planned because I could only find hair pins that don't work).

As such, I started stress-crying and further ruined my costume by smearing my awesome stitch make up. (Also happened once before with regular make up and a party...)

Now I just look like some type of zombie witch that lost her hat and broom.
Wow, I hope this never happens IRL!

EDIT: No comments?!

Base Credit
Please give CC! It's my first time with streaked hair.

I chose Abbey because she posed a challenge, and I can relate with her character some. People find me rough around the edges too, but we both mean well, lol
Your frankenstein doll is a great idea and I love the concept but I dont really like the tool shading, there is a lot involved with tool shading and takes a fair bit of skill to do it properly, Your usual shading style suits you much better and I rarely have any complaints about that, also Is her hair supposed to be wind swept or just messy?

Your Abbey doll is fantastic, Great job with the patterns on the dress and the boots are fab!

(#76 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 12-04-2012, 10:32 PM

I agree with Haley on your newest HD entry, The bow needs to be a little shinier and the hair highlights at the bottom throw me off as well, Your usual shading style suits you better, In saying that, It's not a bad thing to try new styles, Good on you for doing that!.....yet again, The boots are fab and I love the pattern on the top, the colours are highly saturated which isnt really my thing but Great job overall!

(#77 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 12-05-2012, 12:27 PM

Thanks Ness! Yeah, I agree, Tool Shading, shiny hair, and Neon colors aren't my forte', but that's why I'm drawing them. I never really get CC on my usual technique anymore, so I've decided to expand my skill horizons.

(#78 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-02-2013, 04:33 PM

Let me know ya'lls thoughts. Also, I WANT MAKEUP!!! I was going to do something like Hayley's eye mask thing, but she beat me to it and now I'm stumped...anyone have any ideas?!?!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 01-06-2013 at 03:17 PM.
(#79 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 01-02-2013, 06:00 PM

I think her hairline is a little high. I don't have any other CC. Maybe do a smoky eye, or go ahead with the makeup mask, I might be changing mine anyway and they won't look the exact same, so I don't see why you couldn't do it.
(#80 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-02-2013, 06:58 PM

Thanks!!!

Unfortunately that hairline is much much lower than my real hairline. I was cursed, see photo here.

Notice the part in my bangs and how short of a distance it is to the top of the hair, almost nonexistent. I was not blessed with thick hair and bangs like so many women are. Sad face.

Really? Neat! I shall start eye mask makeup then!