Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-22-2010, 03:16 PM

Short dresses kill me for some reason; I'm better at long. That's why I chose to put my alien in dancer gear. XD I'm glad to see someone else with the same problem.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 10-31-2010, 01:00 AM

New Dolleh! And if you click the Doll Post link below the dolleh you can see more info about the doll!

Base: KawaiiHannah
Props & Background:
All created by me.
. . ~Doll Post Link~ . .

So this doll took me FOREVER to finish!!! Gah it took me WAY too long! The ACTUAL doll took me my average amount of time to make a doll, which usually can be done in one day with a few breaks. But that stinking background and it's props threw me for a loop! I had started and nearly finished 3-5 DIFFERENT background/props! I just could not, for the life and sanity of me, figure out what it is I actually wanted. Didn't help I tried to doll most of my attempts while being seriously sleep deprived. Only until my finial throw away background did I realize that, duh, I should probably get some sleep. Then I might be able to achieve something other than go insane. Voila! It worked. I finally stuck with an idea, lol.

I was really proud of my WHOLE Mary Sue doll, so I'm going to post that too:

I had WANTED to make her with some awesome purple/blue/black hair, but I decided to test out a blonde and was mad that I did. She's supposed to be the MOST GORGEOUS EVER. And while the purple hair was PRETTY, it wasn't MGE. I felt like I'd betrayed my fellow brunettes by naming a blonde MGE, but settled with the fact that any other hair color surely wouldn't look right with Light Fairy Magic clothes and theme. *Nods* Surely my lovely purple would have made the more beautiful Water Fairy and a brunette a better Earth Fairy.

Pleae check out the Doll Post Link I have listed just under the full-doll and comment back here when you read that post! I want to hear what everyone thinks of the full-doll's storyline!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-17-2010, 01:54 AM

This is Daniel Radcliffe dressed up as one of my all time favorite characters, Harry Potter.

This doll actually took me longer than I expected to finish. It was being a complete but.thead. That invisiblity cloak? Yeah, that a-wad especially. Yes, it looked MUCH worse than it does here once upon a time! 0.o

You can hardly see such a small prop, but he's holding that cracked black-stone ring from the Deathly Hallows set. He's also got the cloak and the Elder Wand.

I had WANTED to find a base that held up two things AND showed a back pocket, because I wanted him to have HIS wand in the pocket, but no such luck. *sigh*

I'm really proud of the hair and facial edits though. If you take a look at the base I used and this face you can definately tell the difference! for the facial edits! I had to move his eyebrows upwards and make his eyes larger and of course blue. Then there's the scar...and his nose is also bigger than the original base. I ALMOST went against my better judgement and had his lip semi-parted, because MOST of his photo's they're that way, but it looked funny so I decided against that.

The shoes are important to me too. I looked EVERYWHERE to find a picture of the shoes he wears! I could only remember the ones he wore in the school uniform!

Here are some refrence pics I used:
Facial Edits, Hair & Clothes:
This one,
& this one,
& this one too.

Also, check out the contest I entered it in, Movie Stars!

So anyways...please leave CC & Kudos! I feel so neglected most of the time! xD

(#44 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-17-2010, 02:15 AM

Wow O.O

I really like it, and who can resist a Harry Potter charrie anyways? But the edits all look superb, you should be uber proud of them.

And the hair...it looks so soft. I just want to pat it xD

(#45 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-05-2011, 08:15 PM

Soooo....haven't made a doll in FOREVER and a half. Saw Miranda's My Little Pony contest and just HAD to enter. Please give critiques too! I'm trying to dust of my HD skillz!

(#46 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-05-2011, 09:04 PM

=noms on your Harry Potter doll and giggles=
<333

I tootttally love your new doll. Especially the hair - and detaiils. Gahh, I love your details.... +3+

Also may I inquire as to how you managed to get that shadow at the bottom? XDD!!!
(#47 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-05-2011, 09:17 PM

Thanks! The shadow is just an adjustable tool on Photoshop. It's a brush tool that can be stretched or flattened to my hearts desire. The doll was a little plain for me (I'm used to dresses and props) so I had to add SOMETHING, lol.

(#48 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-22-2011, 02:27 PM

My entry to the Miss TDP2 R.1 Hand Drawn:

Base: Small Sunshine
Name: Evony Marie Vayle
Fairytale Represented: Donkeyskin

Comments: As mentioned above, I had planned to, and actually finished (for the most part), add props, but as the Moon Dress is an extremely light color they were entirely too distracting. I did want to mention my theory behind the dresses of the story: Her father (blech) simply yearned for his daughter by her beauty alone. I therefore took the time period into consideration and constructed a very scantily clad outfit. She's showing large amounts of cleavage and (oh my!) shoulder. To add to the highly arousing factor, the dress is corset-styled.

Also, her hair is hastily put up. I figured she was a princess, thus normally didn't do her own hair, so I stayed far away from any and all extravagent up-do's. But since her hair is wet from her bath, I didn't want to leave it down either.

And to conclude: That's not Evony's hair color. I just can't seem to get past golden blondes being "the MOST beautiful".

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 07-22-2011 at 02:31 PM.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
katiebear_X3 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-22-2011, 03:58 PM

omg lovie this is gorgeous!!!! i never really liked the yellowy blonde hair colors it looks unnatural to me but it looks good =] good luck to you
(#50 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-22-2011, 07:18 PM

I loooove that pattern, and the detail on the bottom of the dress. Good luck!

Av/Sig set: Lovie