Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Online)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-06-2010, 11:26 AM

in all honesty, Lovie, I couldn't tell it wasn't finished because I was much more focused on the dress and overall shape of the doll. If this is what it looks like when you're not done, I can only imagine what your dolls will look like when you do finish them, because you've clearly made huge improvements in handdrawing.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 03-06-2010, 11:27 AM

Aw, so sweet Bridie! Thanks!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-24-2010, 03:14 AM

New Dolleh! A Super Cute And Sparkly Hero!

Base: RoastDuckStew
Inspired? Click Here!

So...yeah, I know, it's super girly But since it's supposed to be me, then what else could you possibly expect? I hope it's not too big? I've never made a doll this large before and let me tell you, I don't think I want to ever again! This took for flipping ever!

Mah Supah Cutie name is Verdadita (Spanish for Little Truth). If I was ever given the opportunity to have a super power my answer would always be the same: To hear thoughts. Not in an Edward Cullen sort of way either. I want the ability to control what I hear thank you very much. But since I wouldn't be much of a super hero with that ability alone I've come up with the super corney signature move: Truth Ray. That's right, we're talking big K.O. damage here xD No, I thought this through, lol. See the Truth Ray is a tool that can only be used against those who deny truths (Like Villains). They don't feel remorse for anything they do, and a blast of my Truth Ray will bring them to their knees with the pain and agony of reconciliation. The trick is they have to stay in my range, so if there are minions or obstacles then I've got a lot of work to do before I can destroy the evil at hand.

Aren't I cute though?!
My signature appearance is with my hair half pulled up. I have a natural beauty mark that I just LOVE. My hair is straight (when it feels like behaving), and I don't dye or highlight it so it's a little flat color-wise in real life. I like the colors blue and purple, so I had to have a gradient outfit. As said above, I'm girly, so the sparkles are a must.

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 07-24-2010 at 03:18 AM.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 07-26-2010, 09:56 PM

Is it just me or are you getting increasingly badass at handdrawn dolling? I see a massive improvement since your first doll => Keep up the awesomesauce!

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#35 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Talking 08-14-2010, 12:21 AM

So I have a new dolleh for ya'll to see!
I am SUPER proud of it, lol.

Base: Amaryllis
Inspired? Try Out Noirmali's Hair Contest!

Things Used: Gothic Lolita, Straight Bangs, Interesting Style (I've never done a side-pony, straight bangs, and certainly not the iron curls! X,x)

This would be my lovely friend, Natalie. She's highly artisitic and loves anime. One day she decided to draw her favorite anime character, Chii from Chobits. She used Google for some reference pics and came across a Lolita-styled clothing store. It was love from first sight. Everything captured her heart, the bold mixture of blacks and color, the gorgeous hairstyles, the elegant and extrememly girly accessories, all of it. Natalie loves to doll herself up everday and thoroughly enjoys feeling like she's as beautiful as the anime characters she adores so much. Not a day goes by when she isn't thrilled to get ready for the day and take it head on, frills, curls, and all!

I edited the base a lot and I regret nothing xD I could have used the LOL base and have done minimal editing to make it more feminine, but the eyes of the Amaryllis base just would not do to be left there un-dolled upon. xD I adored dolling on this base and was so glad for the creative freedom of editing it! (It's always such a drag when the rules state no-editing.)

I don't know if this counts as an interesting hairstyle or not? I know it's certainly interesting to me, lol. If you'd have asked me a week ago to doll something with hair like that I'd have been "Psh, yeah right..". But since Hair was the main challenging point of this contest it really made me want to push my limits. So I tried it, and honestly I'm surprised it's not uber horrid. There are a few things I couldn't get right though, so alas my ego/confidence was not horribly inflated, lol.

And I did doll the hair underneath the hat, and no, the hat wasn't put there to cover it up. I just really, REALLY wanted to doll that little hat xD

Please bare in mind that this is the un-edited version. I have put pupils in, put some more shadows in the neck, made one of the iron-curly-cues less sticky-outy and more. This is purely to show how I drew the side pony. I'm not uber proud of it, but it could have been worse...trust me, I knows since I had to scrap my first attempt and start over, lol.

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 08-14-2010 at 12:27 AM.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-14-2010, 04:13 AM

Wow, it's really good :3
The curls look really cute, the edits on the eyes are good and you even put a little LP and a crown in and around it >.<
For some reason the hat reminds me of Tim Burton's animated movies, dunno why... O.o

(#37 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-17-2010, 08:05 AM

Ditto with the Tim Burton, lol.

New Doll! This is what I would have drawn for Sentimental's Fashion contest:

Base: Star Girl
Reference: This Pic & This Pic

I had chosen to do Wa Lolita...and I'm not quite sure if I pulled it off or not? Looks more like a "Dark Geisha" halloween costume if you ask me, lol. I tried to make it look more "Lolita" by adding a lace trim and the pattern on her short kimono wrap is skulls. I also did the straight bangs and gave the traditional buns a twist, but it still just looks like a costume to me, lol. Oh well. What do you think? How could I have made this doll look more like the Wa Lolita fashion? I guess I could have made the skirt poofy...but the second reference pic's skirt wasn't poofy?!

Anywho...Going to make a new hand drawn later this week, if not today. So see ya'll later! Thanks for dropping by, but before you leave post your comments! I feel like I'm updating myself more often than not, lol.

***EDIT***

Well...Guess I wasn't done dolling today xD
So I pixeled the doll I said I was going to do later this week. No comments yet?! It's been several several hours!

So this one will be for Chessie's contest. It's an alien theme, so I tried to be UBER creative:

Base Credit

Why do I keep torturing myself?! Seriously, I thought I swore of larger dolls? Oh well...

Meet Soli! Isn't she cute?! I did A TON of base-edits to create her. She's of the Dariana Race (So she's a Darianan). I had NO idea where to start for this doll. I did find the base with the lips already set abnormally low and with pointy ears, but I knew I wanted a more "alien" look. I started with the MIA nose. Instead of creating a nose in the normal place I've put her "nose" in between her eyes and around her antennae. I say "nose" because it's not really what we know to be a nose. It's a sensory gland.

The Dariana Race has evolved over the years to have supremely advanced senses. Those glands can smell like a nose, taste like a tongue and feel like a cat's whiskers, especially the glands on the ears.

Other than the edits already mentioned the skin is obviously abnormal (it's turquoise-blue due to the creatures being mostly made of water), and she has the 'normal' alien digits (with rounded tips, lacking as many as we have with 4 on each hand and 3 on each foot). Their walking/running capabilities are flawed by their lack of balance due to their few toes.

The lack of sufficient toes do not pose a problem as the Darianan race has advanced technology. They've created an "instant transportation" suit that also allows them to hover. The suit allows them to do both as they're mostly made of water. It's like a controlled 'misting effect'. The only setback is that the suit requires hydro-power.

Which brings us to why these cute little things have come to our precious planet. They're resources are low where they come from. There's not a doubt in any Earthing's mind that these clumsy and adorably small creatures will destroy us all with their advanced technology and super-sensory abilities. Doom I tell you...D-o-O-o-M!!!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 09-17-2010 at 03:43 PM.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-17-2010, 07:29 PM

Sorry; I went out tonight or I would have commented earlier. XD Your doll is so cute! ^^ I notice no hair; tho since you're good at hair, your reason at not doing hair can't be the same as mine. Anyway, I love her little fingers and cute little feet. ^^

(#39 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 09-19-2010, 10:13 PM

The edit you have done on this base are beautiful You really do amazing work!

My critique, your folds on the alien outfit are very flat. I fell into that trap for awhile, so I recognize it, but you need a little more curve. You also do not need to bring it out so far or as darkly since its a tighter outfit. In fact, you probably would've been better with multiple small folds rather than the big ones. Just a thought though, other than that, you have been doing amazing work.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#40 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-22-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
Your doll is so cute! ^^ I notice no hair; tho since you're good at hair, your reason at not doing hair can't be the same as mine. Anyway, I love her little fingers and cute little feet. ^^
Thanks! And no, I didn't do traditional hair because that's too "human" in my opinion. I didn't want to do clothes either for the same reason, but since it was a requirement I had to think of something alien to use. What better way than a technologically advanced suit, right? Since you already did a hairless alien I chose to do one that had odd antennae with hair. That hair was actually going to go on her chest in place of clothes, but I couldn't figure out what to do with her bottom half xD So I moved the hair layer up out of my way and thought "Oh, that's an idea!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
The edit you have done on this base are beautiful You really do amazing work!

My critique, your folds on the alien outfit are very flat. I fell into that trap for awhile, so I recognize it, but you need a little more curve. You also do not need to bring it out so far or as darkly since its a tighter outfit. In fact, you probably would've been better with multiple small folds rather than the big ones. Just a thought though, other than that, you have been doing amazing work.
Hey thanks! And THANKS for the critique! I never get any and I love critiques so much. I agree with the folds needing to be shorter. I tried for a good 15 minutes to make the one on the right side shorter, but since I was already completely finished with the doll I kept messing up the whole outfit the shorter it got. I managed to knock of some length, but I definately agree that it could have stood to lose some more!