Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-05-2009, 01:45 PM

I used niniques minidollz tuts. Now I'm confused. Well I used them for the latest doll anyway...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Candybar

Default 06-28-2009, 05:29 AM

Sorry for double posting.
Modern alice in wonderland doll!

I am really happy with the hair.
It's for Miss TDP
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 07-03-2009, 02:39 PM

Very nice! You should've used a more contrasting pallete on the pants and shoes though.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Candybar

Default 07-03-2009, 02:53 PM

Yeah I tried that but it looked too contrasting. I hate black palettes. They is evil!
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 07-04-2009, 06:49 AM

Yeah, black palettes can be a pain... mine always end up too grey. Though you can try to use them, if you want:

Your doll is nice though; the hair does look good, and I like the shirt as well.

(#46 (permalink))
Old
Candybar

Default 07-04-2009, 07:50 AM

Thanks for the cc Elanorea. For the hair I used a tut from niniques minidollz.

I am currently working on a new doll for a contest.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 07-04-2009, 12:18 PM

Ooohhh, fundamental, no? Can't wait to see it ^^

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Candybar

Default 07-06-2009, 04:07 PM

Ok this was going to be for a contest but I couldn't be bothered to finish it.

It's not transparent cause iaza isn't uploading.

CC is very welcome.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-06-2009, 05:39 PM

Base site is nicolabear on deviantART

Remember to ALWAYS GIVE CREDIT. Side note, I find it funny how everyone is using that base after I used it first. :P

Beware of my CC... I haven't critiqued many dolls in the last while, so this is going to be a large dumping:

What's with her eyes? o_o Did you try to reshade them? To do that, just recolour the eyes as they're already shaded with a different palette. The star looks a bit out of shape, did you draw it right on the t-shirt? I always draw the outline of my patterns and shapes off of the body, so I can get them perfect without messing things up on the doll, and then I move them over on to the clothing and shade them there.

The shadow's also a bit out of shape. The hair on the shadow is less spikey, and the waist is too tiny. The socks should be slightly rounded at the top, instead of a diagonal line. Also, are those jean shorts? Jeans have some extra details, like the crotch seam (where the fly is), pockets, and the seam at the side.

A couple other things; outline's are generally 1-pixel thick. Sometimes people draw the outline using the pencil and it turned out choppy in certain areas, but then you should go back and edit it a little, making it smoother and making the outlines 1 pixel thick. Always make sure to edit your lines for the cleanest looking result. The bottom section of the hair seems to be shaded in reverse. Usually the darkest part in the shading goes below the ear, because the ear creates a more shadowed effect on that area of the hair.

Lastly, and this isn't so important, shade underneath the hair where the shadows would be. It gives it more depth, and makes it look like the hair is on top of hear head (like it should be) and less like it was painted on to her scalp.

Sorry, that was a lot of CC. >.> On the plus side, it shows promise. Yes it's not perfect, but no one's work is ever completely perfect anyway, since everyone has their own style. Also, I really like how the shirt's shaded. Cute doll. ^_^ All that CC being said, it all comes down to editting your doll when you're done with it. Most of that stuff is easily fixed if you take a couple moments to go over things, like getting the lines to look clean and smooth.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Candybar

Default 07-07-2009, 02:46 PM

I knew I'd forgotten something. I was kinda angry at iaza soo yeah.

The contest I was gonna enter is one of the character generator ones and it said she should have black eyes. I kinda cheated on the shadow. I copied and pasted it into word and then rotated it then filled it in black and I did it halfway throught the doll for some strange reason.

Thanks for the hair tips. The shorts are meant to be denim.

I have a surprise! My seven year old sister wants to try dolling so I'm helping her make one! It'll hopefully be up soon.