Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#71 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 08-12-2013, 05:24 PM

Very pretty, I love the dress especially.

Also wanted to say that your new age doll's hair was AWESOME, great job!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#72 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-12-2013, 05:32 PM

I missed your previous doll and concur with Lovie. It's really good! My only CC is the jeans don't have a waistband? But that's a style preference.

Your novel character is really good as well! Here's my CC:

The cream colour needs more contrast. The green palette has a lot, and the cream has less. When doing a pattern, both colours should have an equal amount of contrast so it blends in better. I would especially darken the cream outline. I think the forum colour works against you, since it's a very similar colour to the cream.

You didn't give loose strands to the hair. It looks fine as is, and you did give your last doll strands, but I thought I'd mention it in case you forgot. ^_^

I love the doll though - you've improved so much!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#73 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-12-2013, 05:41 PM

Lovie: Thanks so much!

Hayley: Thank you for your comments! I was racking my brains this morning trying to figure out what was going on with the pattern and now that I look it is indeed the contrast, so thank you for solving the mystery. And yes it appears I forgot loose strands! It's been quite a long time the little details slip my mind.

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
(#74 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-13-2013, 01:04 PM

Because I like visuals, here's a before & after. I just tweaked the palettes (more contrast in hair, lightened green pattern, more contrast and darker outline for the white/cream of dress, changed base palette to something less orange/pink) and added strands:

(#75 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Default 08-13-2013, 03:22 PM

That's very helpful, thank you. I had tried fiddling with the skin-tone palette to make it a little more creamy colored, but wasn't really having any luck. The dithering was making everyhting look funky and shadowey, and quite frankly base editing is NOT my thing.
I've been away so long that I really forgot how much goes into each doll; shadows on hairlines and underneath clothes, switching palettes around (which I did for a good hour and a half to get the final choice XD), all of it!
but I love it and every time I take long, long breaks I wonder why on Earth I did in the first place.
Thanks a lot though, really. Good CC always pushes me to do better.

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
(#76 (permalink))
Old
keewee (Offline)
Silent

Default 08-13-2013, 04:11 PM

Oh my gosh your dolls are amazing!!!!!!! I am so jealous. I can't even do anything close to that! lol Your most recent doll is absolutely beautiful.

My Avi: A Doll A La Kriz
My Siggy: Me
Check out my shop!!!
http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/r...wees-shop.html