Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Hand Drawn (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/)
-   -   Magic @ Midnight: pixel art by Spirit Queen (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/19790-magic-midnight-pixel-art-spirit-queen.html)

spirit_queen 10-15-2008 08:29 PM

Magic @ Midnight: pixel art by Spirit Queen

Welcome to my new thread!
Please obey all sticky rules when posting in here.

My old thread was looooooooooooooooooooooooong and annoying, so I made a new thread.

To start off this thread, I have a new peice for you to pick apart with criticism (XD):

BASE: Jishin Bases
From left to right, the characters are Svana, Sky, and Rika.
About the outfits...
Svana loves dance, so she is in a leotard and pointe shoes. Sky is a brainiac and a nerd, so she's in a school uniform (though I cutsied it up and mad ethe skirt more Sailor Moon like, and the shirt more form-fitting than it would really be). Rika wants to be a model, and this outfit was inspired by sometihng form America's Next Top Model.

The aprkles were random fun, and it allowed me to play with the gradient features on my program.

orangedino67 10-15-2008 08:50 PM

OOh I like the Sky dolly.

TheHayleyDoll 10-15-2008 09:18 PM

O_O

I LOVE! *wuggles!*

Sky looks great. I love the tie. <3

Rika's hair is perfect - just like how I imagined it to look!

They're all so WONDERFUL! Completely stunning work, Spirit!

I shall doll them in those outfits soon, too. It'll suck, yes, but I shall attempt! xD

spirit_queen 10-16-2008 03:29 PM

XD At first I tried to make the curls more realistic, but then is sucked, so it became a cloud of hair. :lol:

Yay! You can play wround with the outfits if you want. ^^ They're your charries. Well, except for Svana, but she likes to playdress-up anyways. :lol:

TheHayleyDoll 10-16-2008 03:34 PM

Only thing I might change would be Rika's tights. She'd probably want to show more skin. xD

spirit_queen 10-16-2008 03:37 PM

I left the tights out at first, but it looked less to-model-ish and more... tacky, or sometihng (I cannot ffind the right word, and I'm too lazy to cr.ack open the thesaurus), so I put them back on.

You can do whatever you want, though, of course; I'm just talking about this pic specifically.

TheHayleyDoll 10-16-2008 03:46 PM

Depending on how it looks without when I'm dolling it, I'll take it or leave it.

I'm not going to doll it right now. I need to doll an "anti-bullying" doll, first. It's for school.

spirit_queen 10-16-2008 03:48 PM

Heh.
Dunno what to do next...

savanna214 10-16-2008 03:52 PM

wow theyre so cool i love sky and rika's hair, your so good at dolling xx
btw wht program do u use??

spirit_queen 10-16-2008 03:58 PM

Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9. But the only fancy stuff I used for this pic that you couldn't do on MS Paint would be the sparkles.