Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#331 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-14-2011, 10:34 AM

Thanks, noirmali. ^^

For future reference, next bases to be posted... http://public.thedollpalace.com/publ..._3_15_2006.gif
http://public.thedollpalace.com/publ..._2_18_2006.gif

Last edited by spirit_queen : 01-14-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#332 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-22-2011, 06:07 AM

Cammy's hair O.O

That is seriously impressive, braids always seem so hard and intimidating to pixel but yours come out looking nice and soft and fluffy like. I like the blue pallette on Cammy's outfit as well ^.^

I'm sure he'd dislike it but the one word that pops into my head when I see that handrawn of Liam is cute XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#333 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-22-2011, 09:25 AM

Ah, yes; the world's most adorable Irish vamp hates being cute... but he's stuck with it. As the rest fo the world gradually gets taller, he stays short, which makes him cuter... which, in turn, makes him more sour. He just wants to be intimidating, not cute. XDD

(#334 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-19-2011, 11:41 PM

Wow, it's been a looooooooooooooooooooooong time since I've posted anything...

But on to the doll!

\base/

This is Amy Hunter, the human incarnation of the Greek goddess Artemis, playing as the Goose Girl, whom Artemis thinks (for the record) is a wimp. However, Artemis makes a pretty Goose Girl, what with her platinum blonde hair blowing in the wind...

Why did I bother making her hair blow all in her face? If you read the original tale, the boy the princess works with tending geese always wants to pluck some of her hair because it's purty and shiney, and she begs the wind to blow his hat off his head and make him chase it until she finishes combing it and braiding it back up.

It was either the wind or a horse's gorey head, and I'm not so sure I should be posting dolls laden with gore for a fairytale contest...

I'm proud of my cirrus clouds; most people doll cumulus cloud (the puffy kind), but I wanted to represent wind as well as fill the sky, and cirrus clouds do the trick well! The yellow things in the grass are the lazy version of flowers...

Poor Goose Girl has no shoes...

(#335 (permalink))
Old
tinker_bell_96 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 07-20-2011, 01:10 AM

there goes my chances of winning lol your dolls are amazing do you think you could check out mine and my sister's handdrawn thread and give some CC please?

Avi by Lovie
Sig by Lovie
(#336 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 07-20-2011, 09:22 PM

Beautiful! I love folds on the dress! The grass and flowers in the back look a bit rushed though, but kudos to you for attempting a background at all, I know what a pain they are .

(#337 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-20-2011, 09:24 PM

Because of work and preparing for my cousin's wedding, I had one day to get all that done... meant for a lot of rushing in bgs XD But thank you

(#338 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-10-2011, 12:45 AM

At long last, I've finished the evil color splash round... of course, it doesn't help when I pick the most complicated thing possible... a wet umbrella...

Amy hates the rain, makes her feel dull and, as she once said to her twin, Adam, "It takes the color out of life".

So what does her brother do? Buys her a freakin' rainbow umbrella, because he's just like that. Amy would never admit it, but she adores that umbrella.

Here I provide both a colored and uncolored version of my doll, as I like the colored version better but am required to make a desaturated one...

\base/

(#339 (permalink))
Old
tinker_bell_96 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 08-10-2011, 01:57 AM

wow this is really nice queenie!!

i only have 1 thing to point out and thats on the hair if you look in the side where her hand is on her hip the light piece that goes behind her ear as it goes down it looks as if it is suppose to be flowing or over her shoulder and it looks a little awkward especially bc there is the inside of the hair on both sides if it but it looks to me as if it should have been put over her shoulder the way you have to flowing but thats just me but other than that great job

Avi by Lovie
Sig by Lovie
(#340 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-13-2011, 10:32 PM

MLP FTW! I need not explain this... right, guys?

\Base/