Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#301 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 08-13-2010, 07:56 PM

TADA! Tina from Gods of Suburbia in her costume for the school musical, which will be Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. She's playing Johanna. She's normally a tomboy, and hates these kinds of outfits, especially since she had to lighten and curl her hair, and wear make-up. Her expression is supposed to be resigned. XD Here's a vid with Johanna's main song from the movie version, coupled with the song Johanna, sung by the character Johanna's boyfirend. (Ignore the fact that they put the song to disney images.)YouTube - Disney Sweeney Todd - Green Finch and Linnet Bird / Johanna

\base/

Last edited by spirit_queen : 08-13-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#302 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-14-2010, 07:42 AM

She's beautiful! I like how she's all "Let's get this over with. <_<"

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#303 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-14-2010, 08:15 AM

Definitely. XD I can see Thoth almost having a heart attack when seeing her all dolled up.

(#304 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-16-2010, 12:49 PM

Merp! Double-post! But I have to post it. Same as the last, but now Thoth is beside her, offering her a little rose. How sweet! <3 I must note that Thoth's arm looks short because I edited the male base to look taller, because otherwise he was actually shorter than Tina, and Tina's 4' 11"... that would not do! Also, I had to almost completely redo that head to get it 3/4s view, so if you want to doll on this base, don't look for a snapshot of a male base with a 3/4s view of a head...

\base(Tina), base(Thoth)/

(#305 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-16-2010, 01:38 PM

It's so cute! He actually looks kinda sheepish and like he's apologizing. XD

His hair looks so frustratingly soft. x.x And I am digging the coat!

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#306 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-16-2010, 04:07 PM

You won't believe how long it took to make his hair like that... four tries, minimum. He's supposed ot be sheepish. xD I was going to make him blush, too, but the only way to mke it show on someone with dark skin is to make it cartooney, and it didn't fit with the rest of the way I pixeled him.

(#307 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-16-2010, 05:26 PM

Using a deepish wine color works; I've used that on a few of my character dolls in the past. ^_^

Halestorm
(#308 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-25-2010, 05:52 PM

My attempt at spikey hair on the glass bust. Not too great, but I like the frame.

\base/

(#309 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 08-25-2010, 05:57 PM

...Did you custom make that frame? O_O

It's a better attempt than mine. XD The way you did the highlights is amazing, too.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#310 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-25-2010, 05:58 PM

Lawl I can't believe you used my glass bust.
Profer. >_>;;

Hm. Idn, I always saw her has having those blank cold icyness. o__O; But you turned that into liveliness.

You're so proo. /pokes teh hair

D8 The frame looks even poer.

/dies