Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Lolo27 (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Handdrawn Contest Thread #5 - 09-20-2008, 08:10 AM

...Rules

We expect you will abide by these following rules if you decide to enter a hand-drawn contest. Failure to do so may result in an automatic disqualification and the entry[s] found violating along with any others you have entered will not be eligible for voting and you will not have any chance to place until the next contest.

..1: No frankendolling! That means taking part[s] of a doll or more, and putting them on your own "doll", much like the movie and book Frankenstein. Please don't do this even with your own work.

..2: No recoloring anything that was not made by you and entering it. This basically categorizes as "theft art." even if you have the original creator's okay, just don't do it.

..3: No doll-makers are allowed to be used in your entry. Not in part or whole, this means you cannot "make" a doll in a doll-maker and place it up here for voting. It is not considered a "hand-drawn" by you and should not be found anywhere in the "Hand-drawn Dolls" area, much less this contest thread.

..4: Unless you get an okay by a current contest running, we ask you make a new doll for each theme. Contests are to give ideas to dollers and allow them to compete with others to see who's idea was stronger and who brought it across in the best way. So please don't use old dolls, even if they have a similar theme used as the one currently running in the contest.

..5: Please do NOT steal any bit of work, whether from a doll here or somewhere else. This goes along with no frankendolling. That means, if a contest holds a certain theme and you see a doll somewhere else that looks similar to what you would expect from the theme, please don't take that idea even if you tweak it a little. If you are inspired by it, that's agreeable. But please note that you were and don't base your entry heavily off of it. Remember, we want to be original.

..6: Please include base credit and any other credit necessary for each entry.

..7: You are allowed to enter a maximum of two dolls per contest, unless otherwise stated by the current contest holder.

..8: Please make sure your entry has the current theme! If the theme is based off of flowers, please do not submit an underwater entry!

..9: Please follow other rules the current contest holder may provide.

..10: Be original and have fun!

..11: If you host a contest and someone wins it, you can enter their contest although you may not place first in it.

We expect you to abide by these rules. If you cannot do so, please don't enter in the first place. We want this to be a fun thing and don't need any contestants to disobey the rules. It matters not who you are, whether you are the friend or sibling of an important person around here, we all have to follow these simple rules.

In the contests, the contest holder will set the theme and deadline. Those who wish to enter must create a "doll" with such theme before the deadline and post it in this thread. The contest holder will make awards and judge each doll based on effort, how well it portrays the theme, and quality. This means no judge will choose place just because it is their friend. They must decide these with each entry. If it looks sloppy and rushed compared to another entry, then it may loose points. Although, that sloppy entry may show what the contest holder had in mind for the contest better than the others. And the one with the most effort may not always have the best quality. Keeping these in mind, the judge must place what he or she thinks deserves. It has nothing to do with relations, and you cannot ask where to be placed or suggest. That decision is entirely up to the contest judge. Whoever places first gets to run the next contest, and the others get an award with their name and place on it.

Awards we recommend♫:
First
Second
Third
Closest to Theme
Best [hair, shading, etc...]
Cutest
Most original
Thanks for entering!

You must use first and second, and most likely third. You can pick and choose which other places you want, or not use any of them. But it is an extremely good idea to have a thanks for entering award. Please remember that a user can earn more than one award, although cannot double in the mains. For example, Jane Doe cannot place first and second or first and third. As John Doe cannot place second and third, and so on.

We look forward to seeing what you guys come up with! ♫

Ok so the new theme is Childsplay. This can have anything to do with children, like a mother and child, a child on its own, an dult dressed as a child, etc. The deadline will be for 20/10/2008, one month from today. I can change the deadline to earlier or later, whichever works better, if all contestants are finished or cant make the deadline in time because school has started again...

Good luck!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 09-20-2008, 02:30 PM

Could you or someone suggest a site that has mum&child bases? I don't know of any...

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-20-2008, 08:04 PM

I know that If Looks Could Kill has some. I believe that have a mother and child, father and child, and mother, father, and child. Thats the only one I am sure of. I'll post more tomorrow, if I find any.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#4 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-20-2008, 08:43 PM

Thank you :]

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
(#5 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-20-2008, 09:18 PM

Your welcome. Tomorrow I will search for more. ^^

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#6 (permalink))
Old
orangedino67 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-20-2008, 11:09 PM

Base-
*DEAC loves you.
Teddy Bear Base-
Julies Dolls

Avi&Siggy by xxMeggieMaggot

tumblr.

Last edited by orangedino67 : 09-24-2008 at 08:18 PM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 09-21-2008, 06:29 PM

More!
Oops I Arted! The Fantasy art of Oyye!! Dolls, Tutorials, Pixel Art, and More!

KawaiiHannah.com :: Online Portfolio of Web Design, Illustration and Pixel Art (with this one, you can make a chibi be a child and have said chibi stand by a mom or dad figure)

..:: Kath's Corner ::..

Pisces Design v.13 Whispered Memories

This is all i could find, though I know there must be more.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-21-2008, 08:14 PM

Ok, here's my entry. I hope it fits what you are looking for.
Base by KawaiianHannah (I'll link later)

<3

Last edited by LadyBast0911 : 09-22-2008 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Forgot base credit. X/
(#9 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-21-2008, 11:45 PM

Base=http://stvgr.net/dhf/

The baby is only so so...but I've been wanting to do a doll like this for a while and this is a good excuse :] Its just me in a normal outfit with my baby (although he's not born yet...)

(#10 (permalink))
Old
ShinoMegami (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 09-22-2008, 03:12 PM

Oh I have an idea for this one!! Hopefully I get it done... Overtime is totally kicking my butt

PSST!! Hey!! Go > here < and see my dolls!!

Avatar Made by ME!! Base from Dollz'n'stuff (I don't have a current link, if anyone does please PM it to me)
Closed Thread