Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.33 Average
Default Jordan's Hand Drawns! - 09-12-2008, 12:00 PM

So last night I made my first hand drawn doll. It was even my first attempt at it. I'm quite pleased with it. I used a tutorial for the shirt, as well as quite a few for the shading in the hair. The grey thing under the shirt is supposed to be like an under shirt. I saw a doll with it's shirt like that (with the under shirt) and I like how it looked, so I attempted it. The hair was a bit hard with the shading. I don't have much patience. XD So here it is:

Wonderful base by full of... helium!

So what do you think?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-12-2008, 09:56 PM

Here's another:

It kind of looks like me ^^.The hair and shirt style are pretty much the same as the first. The jeans didn't come out real great. Again, base by full of... helium!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
orangedino67 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-12-2008, 10:24 PM

The first one`s very good for a first.^^
But the pants on the second one could use alot more contrast.

Avi&Siggy by xxMeggieMaggot

tumblr.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-12-2008, 11:43 PM

Yeah, I don't really like how the pants came out myself. I'll need to work on that.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 09-13-2008, 02:13 AM

I thank you for using my base. xD

And the highlights in the hair should be less chunky. That's what's wrong with that.

Ah! Mais oui! I agree with evilfairy. You should put more contrast into the clothing. ((If you don't know what contrast is, here's a tip: The bottom one has more contrast. Most dollers use contrast to make the shading on a doll stand out. You don't NEED more contrast, but it helps a lot in the overall effect - especially with a base with a DARK outline in comparison to it's shading inside.))
(#6 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-18-2008, 07:23 PM

Here's a new one. I had the idea for an avatar, but I thought a doll would be cuter with the "dancer" stuff about it on it.

I don't really like the pants. I'm not to good with pants . The hair also looks a bit wavy to me. It wasn't really intended to be, but I guess it's okay.

Oh, and the base is by *DEAC loves you.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-19-2008, 11:28 PM

Like TheHayleyDoll said, It needs more contrast. I have trouble with that too, but I've been practicing! Anyways, I couldn't even tell the shirt was shaded until I looked really closely.

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#8 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Default 10-12-2008, 02:09 AM

The story behind this one is that me and my friend made up a dance to the song "He Said She Said", and I just thought it would be neat to draw a costume for it, even though we weren't entering a dance competition or anything for it. I forgot to shade the shirt, and it's real late at night (or really really early in the morning) so I just posted it like this. The shorts are supposed to be looking shiney, but they came out looking awkward XD.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-12-2008, 07:24 AM

You need to shade the top; it's just solid black, with no shading at all. Also, it needs a few wrinkles in it where it falls down; as well as shading under the bust and around the waist. The shorts look scribble shaded, as well as not really resembling shorts that much; I thought they looked more like a skirt. You need to actually draw in shorts' legs; even hotpants have defined leg parts. The hair is OK, but needs more stranding, as well as a few messy bits here and there. ^^ You also need to shade the armwarmers, as they're just blocked in, too.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Default 10-12-2008, 01:47 PM

Yeah, I could definatly work on shading things. I can get pretty lazy at times like that. And I agree, the shorts do look like a skirt. But thanks, and I'll try taking your advice on my next doll.