Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Hand Drawn (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/)
-   -   Jordan's Hand Drawns! (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/19532-jordans-hand-drawns.html)

jordanashley 09-12-2008 01:00 PM

Jordan's Hand Drawns!

So last night I made my first hand drawn doll. It was even my first attempt at it. I'm quite pleased with it. I used a tutorial for the shirt, as well as quite a few for the shading in the hair. The grey thing under the shirt is supposed to be like an under shirt. I saw a doll with it's shirt like that (with the under shirt) and I like how it looked, so I attempted it. The hair was a bit hard with the shading. I don't have much patience. XD So here it is:

Wonderful base by full of... helium!

So what do you think?

jordanashley 09-12-2008 10:56 PM

Here's another:

It kind of looks like me ^^.The hair and shirt style are pretty much the same as the first. The jeans didn't come out real great. Again, base by full of... helium!

orangedino67 09-12-2008 11:24 PM

The first one`s very good for a first.^^
But the pants on the second one could use alot more contrast.

jordanashley 09-13-2008 12:43 AM

Yeah, I don't really like how the pants came out myself. I'll need to work on that. :smile:

TheHayleyDoll 09-13-2008 03:13 AM

I thank you for using my base. xD

And the highlights in the hair should be less chunky. That's what's wrong with that.

Ah! Mais oui! I agree with evilfairy. You should put more contrast into the clothing. ((If you don't know what contrast is, here's a tip: The bottom one has more contrast. Most dollers use contrast to make the shading on a doll stand out. You don't NEED more contrast, but it helps a lot in the overall effect - especially with a base with a DARK outline in comparison to it's shading inside.))

jordanashley 09-18-2008 08:23 PM

Here's a new one. I had the idea for an avatar, but I thought a doll would be cuter with the "dancer" stuff about it on it.

I don't really like the pants. I'm not to good with pants :lol: . The hair also looks a bit wavy to me. It wasn't really intended to be, but I guess it's okay.

Oh, and the base is by *DEAC loves you.

KiraIMustBeInvisible 09-20-2008 12:28 AM

Like TheHayleyDoll said, It needs more contrast. I have trouble with that too, but I've been practicing! Anyways, I couldn't even tell the shirt was shaded until I looked really closely.

jordanashley 10-12-2008 03:09 AM

The story behind this one is that me and my friend made up a dance to the song "He Said She Said", and I just thought it would be neat to draw a costume for it, even though we weren't entering a dance competition or anything for it. I forgot to shade the shirt, and it's real late at night (or really really early in the morning) so I just posted it like this. The shorts are supposed to be looking shiney, but they came out looking awkward XD.

Miranda_ 10-12-2008 08:24 AM

You need to shade the top; it's just solid black, with no shading at all. Also, it needs a few wrinkles in it where it falls down; as well as shading under the bust and around the waist. The shorts look scribble shaded, as well as not really resembling shorts that much; I thought they looked more like a skirt. You need to actually draw in shorts' legs; even hotpants have defined leg parts. The hair is OK, but needs more stranding, as well as a few messy bits here and there. ^^ You also need to shade the armwarmers, as they're just blocked in, too.

jordanashley 10-12-2008 02:47 PM

Yeah, I could definatly work on shading things. I can get pretty lazy at times like that. And I agree, the shorts do look like a skirt. But thanks, and I'll try taking your advice on my next doll.