Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Hand Drawn (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/)
-   -   My Hand-drawns. (Firsts) (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/19478-my-hand-drawns-firsts.html)

KiraIMustBeInvisible 09-03-2008 07:50 PM

My Hand-drawns. (Firsts)

Base: Umm...I forgot the site.

Notes:
Ok, So I forgot to shade the hair, and I believe I shaded along the base, but I'm not all that sure <_< Since I'm quite tired, and my brain is like...blah, this doll isn't quite perfect, and it wasn't my first, yet I'm still new to this...um...yeah. I personally think her legs look like a tigress, even though it's supposed to be a dress, and she's egyptian. The blue dots in her hair are supposed to be beads, since ancient egyptians sometimes put beads in their hair. I like her a lot though, mostly because she turned out better than I had hoped, and she was my first profile doll. I was going to do her as Queen Nefertiti, but that didn't work out(don't ask) So, yeah xD She's much better than my past dolls, yet I don't really want to post them. Please tell me what you think of her :]

TheHayleyDoll 09-05-2008 07:00 AM

Well, you're going to need more contrasting colours. I can barely tell it's shaded. Also, the hair line looks a bit weird, maybe you should make bangs. I have quite a few tutorials on my site: full of... helium and there are good ones on Watermelon Bubblegum as well. Tutorials really help.

spirit_queen 09-05-2008 03:20 PM

Xandorra's place also has a few simpler tuts to follow.

Also, please don't use the cyan color when you write, as it's hard on the eyes unless you highlight the text, if you must use blue, use a shade like this.

It saves the reader the effort of either squinting or highlighting.

KiraIMustBeInvisible 09-05-2008 09:19 PM

Alright, thank you.

spirit_queen 09-05-2008 09:53 PM

You're welcome.

And some more advice; make your own folder under favorites, so that when you find a base you like, you can save the base site under there. This saves you having to remember the site url yourself. ^^

meroneyu 09-06-2008 10:23 AM

Base is by Amarylis - Dolls
=]

KiraIMustBeInvisible 09-12-2008 11:25 PM

Thank you for the base site ^^ And I've already done that because I've made some other dolls which I haven't saved, but it's filling up quite fast :(

spirit_queen 09-13-2008 06:31 AM

Then try to use base sites that have a bunch of sets, like kawaiihannah, or smething. Also, a lot of sites are linked right here on TDP! Just go to Doll Creation, I think, and there will be a sticky for base sites posted by Miranda_.

KiraIMustBeInvisible 02-13-2009 10:45 AM

Oh my, this has been idle for quite a while. Perhaps because I never finish a lot of my dolls. Anywho, New Dollies!!!

Base: KawaiiHannah : Pixel Art, Doll Bases, Pixel Dollz

Base: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory

The first doll I made in about 2 minutes. Heh. :-| Plus it's much larger than it should be o.O My bad.
The second doll is for a contest, but its crummy, as most of my dolls are.

TheHayleyDoll 02-13-2009 03:33 PM

Why is the first one super large, and the second one super squished?

May I ask, what do you save your dolls into? And what program did you use?

Also, the second one looks a bit pillowy, and there isn't much shading on the first.

Don't worry, everyone starts somewhere. As you practise more, you'll get better. ^^