Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-03-2011, 11:39 PM

New doll ^^ This one was made in MS paint. I must say I'm super dee duper proud of it!

Base: http://duckie.artician.com/

No transparency or feet because when I made it transparent it scr.ewed with the file extension and made it into video format(wtf?) so photobucket wouldn't let it upload, and there arent' any feet because the base I used made the feet look like high heeled boots, which when i tried to follow along that it looked rechid so then i got rid of them and tried to make my own shoes but with no base referance to work off of they looked like absolute crap and ruined the entire doll so i just all together got rid of them

I can't say I'm to pleased with the highlights on any of it. Highlights are my enemy, shadows are my bff's.

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."

Last edited by KiraIMustBeInvisible : 01-03-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 01-16-2012, 02:38 PM

New doll after ages of hiatus!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 01-16-2012, 10:35 PM

Base credit? The shirts a little pillowy, but I like the hair and the shorts

Although, I do much prefer the footless doll you did before tho one; LOVE the hair, do want those jeans. Only the one circular patch of highlight looks really odd on that one as far as I can tell.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 01-17-2012, 07:42 PM

Oops! The base credit goes to Stargirl...lost the link <.< whoops xD

Yeah, I tried for ages to fix the shirt but it didn't want to cooperate. I also only noticed I had forgotten to add loose strands to the hair after I saved it xD Couldn't be bothered to fix it. I'm lazy.

Yeah, I love the jeans on the other doll. The hair irks me on that doll though, I like the shading on the hair of this one much better.

If only shading clothes was as easy as hair. bleh.

Whew new doll(:

I keep forgetting base credit. KawaiiHannah: Illustration, Anime Art, CG Tutorials, Pixel Art

Edit:
New doll

Base: Stargirl
I don't like the shading of the hair, but I remembered to put in loose strands, which I like(: I also really like the dress. And yes, it is a dress. I just cut off the bottom because it wouldn't do what I wanted.

Last edited by KiraIMustBeInvisible : 01-21-2012 at 08:16 PM.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 01-26-2012, 07:54 PM

Hmm new doll(:

Base:APITCHOU ORCHID

I. Hated. This. Doll. I did really quickly...i just wanted to test some palettes I found. Can't remember where...oh heavens...Dx But. I really like the hair. So I figured I'd upload it xD She was supposed to be like a cupcake..but the dress wouldn't shade how I wanted it to Dx

Base: CCG (21) Fantasies

Midship-WOman Deryn Sharp reporting for duty(:
This is Deryn from Leviathan, a greatly under-appreciated book that you all should read. It's amazing.
Yes, she's a girl. She's disguised as a boy, and goes by Dylan. Yayyy. I did male-like hair. I really love the hair. And the turtle-neck. Pants are poo-ey.
Overall I really like it

Last edited by KiraIMustBeInvisible : 01-29-2012 at 09:02 PM.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-22-2012, 03:48 PM

The hair on the second one is really nice. I think it should be rounded a little more at the top of the head, but the shading and the loose hairs look great.

A helpful thing for you to do in general is practice making smoother lines. It takes a little more time, but making smoother edges can really improve any pixel art.

You're improving leaps and bounds, Kira! =D That last doll is very impressive.