Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-10-2010, 04:23 PM

You don't have to make your own bases. There are plenty of sites that provide bases. I think there's a sticky with a list of base sites. Go look at that and use those.

Please please please please please give me some CC!!! I'm dying to hear it all!!!!

Base: Mariii's Dolls House (no link )
Notes: This doll is based off of my Shiba Inu character from another RP site. Though she's just a normal dog, I thought it might be fun to doll her as a person I was going to give her ears and a tail but then I got lazy. Umm...since her underbelly and paws are white, she has a white t-shirt with an orange/brown vest, and white flats. Then her skirt, vest, and hair are Shiba Inu colors o.O

Base: *DEAC Loves You (no link)
Notes: Umm...with this one I was really just trying to practice a shading technuique. For now I'm going to stick with the hair until I conjure up some new way to shade I'm pretty fond of my shirt style, though this isn't the best show of it xD Umm...as for the jeans they still seem to shiny, and I can't figure out how to make them not shiny @~@ Maybe I'll just play around some more DD Yaayyy for messing with stuff!!

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."

Last edited by KiraIMustBeInvisible : 01-11-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 01-16-2010, 10:54 AM

Sorry for the double post. I wouldn't have to if i just got a little bit of CC, but no one seems to be giving me any >.<

This is a girl named Emily. Emily came across something she wished she hadn't. Emily wishes she could die now.

Haha, I love this doll x3 I think the pants and shoes are ok....but they're still poop. The shirt is....cool ^^ and I love love love love love the hair. -nodnod- I got an idea on how to shade it after staring at a girls head in Youth Group the other day. I noticed how the highlights went, where the shadows were, ect. ect. Yepp...well now you may CC away. If anyone is going to that is -_-'

Last edited by KiraIMustBeInvisible : 01-16-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 01-16-2010, 04:48 PM

Very nice hair shading! It might help if you also shaded the darker lines, but other than it's looking good. I also like the hair on the red-haired doll in your previous post.
The shirt is pretty good too, though the folds could be a bit smoother. All in all, I really like the way your shading style is developing

(#34 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 01-16-2010, 06:18 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by shading the darker lines o-o' But yeah, I'm proud of the way the shading has ended up : D And I came up with it all by myself, no help from tutorials. I'm a big girl now ^^

(#35 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 01-19-2010, 10:55 PM

She means your "strands"(the black lines in your hair ). When using the stranding technique, the next step for it is to shade the strands as well, just like you do with the hair(not the same colors obviously, but I mean going down in each palette shade as you go along).

Your shoes could be improved by having a more rounded top to it. They sort of go in at a "V" shape right now and should look more like a half circle. Put on some shoes and go take a look in the mirror. What do you see? Most shoes look like a sideways "C" along the top

As for your pickiness with the pants, I think you are stuck on how your folds were all shaded in your second palette color. You'd see improvement if you had instead a line along the bottom edge of the fold(or upper), then shaded around it with your third and even fourth palette colors, depending on the doll size.

You are showing major improvement in your dolls! I see you have taken on the bulkier shading technique. Not my cup of tea, but you definitely are taking control of it steadily. Try adding more highlights along the tops of the folds, it'll bring the blockiness together more.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Horselover_101 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-21-2010, 04:50 PM

wow you are getting really good!!!

Horselover_101 - Merry Christmas every1

(#37 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 01-21-2010, 11:17 PM

@Silver_Wolf_Kitty: I see what you mean about the shoes. Hehe, I'll work on that :3 And about the highlights on the folds, I was staring down at one of my shirts and noticed that it had highlights on it. I was like, "Well how do I put those on my dolls? -_-' " But yeah, I'll try the shadows and the highlights @~@

@Horselover_101: Thank you

First Doll: This is my character, Lillith Abert, on another rp site. ( Free forum : Darkest Secrets werewolf RP ) She was supposed to have an evil smile, but that only really showed if you saw her eyebrows, and her hair covered those up. But yeah, she's evil. And I love her. She's the daughter of Zeus, and she wants to take over the world 8D No transparency because I'm lazy. I decided to make her shirt blue and her pants yellow because she can control water and electricity. They're both crummy, but I don't care. The concept for her was good, but the execution of it was not so good ._. Anyhow, CC away!!!

Second Doll: This one is for LancasterPrincess's contest. I call her Northern Lights. I'm fully aware that the hair is just a gradient, but it's hard to shade the northern lights @~@ The dress is poop, but it'll do for now .-. CC Away!!!
Three thing I used were:
Original Haristyle
Northern Lights
Sparkle/Glitter

Another Doll!!!
Notes: This one is for Miranda_'s contest in the contest thread. You can read the story there ;D I'm sooo proud of this doll! I used Ninique's Minidolls for the dress and hair, but I don't have a link.......I so absolutely love this doll you have no idea @~@ I don't want any CC on her, please.
Base: Chocotini on deviantART

Last edited by KiraIMustBeInvisible : 02-06-2010 at 11:56 AM.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 02-07-2010, 07:23 PM

Sorry about the double post, but there were to many images in the last post. Anyway, this next doll is the first doll I've finished in this online photo-editing website that is much like photoshop called Under Construction I love love love it in every way imaginable!!!

Base: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory
Notes: This is my best doll EVER!! I officially like tool shading better than pixel shading. However, there are some things about this doll I don't like. I couldn't get the hair right so it's poop, and the laces on the shoes wouldn't cooperate. I would have left them out entirely, but the shoes wouldn't be much of converse then, now would they? Also, somethings slightly off about the shirt o.O Now onto the things I DO like! I really like the skirt! I could never ever make that with paint! I also love the parts of the shirt! And the accessories...(the necklace and hoop earrings) I don't think the doll would be what it is without those

(#39 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 12-28-2010, 09:23 PM

Sorry about the [triple] post. Edit button wasnt working properly

Ummm so I got an inspiration to try dolling again, and for some reason I think I got better without practice o: magic! Umm so I used Paint.Net for this. I like it a lot:] Base is from Stargirl...I lost the link >3< Anywhos...the hair is....okay. I actually started with that and decided it looked kind of like a bed head so I decided to make her look like she just came out of bed, so those are PJ's...I was going to put little hearts on the pants, but then I got lazy. So yeah...please give me some CC >3<

(#40 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 12-29-2010, 02:04 AM

It's really good for not having dolled in awhile. (Believe me. xD) But here's my CC:

Hair: I can't see any of the shading on it to give you any real crituque because the contrast in it is too big. Contrast is nice, but now if it's overwhelming. The lightest color is too light for how dark the outline is.

Shirt: It might just be the palatte, but it seems to me ot be sort of pillow shaded, you know? It's a hard angles because of how she's posed, but it looks like there is no creases, and it's just pillow shaded.

Pants: I think the pants are the best. I think you just need more creases in the bottom of them (because they are loungepants, right? Lounge pants are normall too long and bag up at your feet) and the highlights need to stick out less and be more curvier, and follow the pattern of the curve. It's really good though. (:

baby, you got me. ♥