Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Hand Drawn (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/)
-   -   Hand-Drawn.// (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/19414-hand-drawn.html)

xNicole 08-27-2008 01:28 AM

Hand-Drawn.//

First Thread in the hand drawn section.I just started dolling and would really appreciate assistance seeing my skills are not that....good.^^

These are the first two dolls I've done and i guess they're umm okay.>.<

Base:
APITCHOU ORCHID

Notes:
The hair to me looks a lot like it's blocked in place.The skirt even though shaded does not look shaded.The shoes are just plain awkward.>.<

Base:Cant remember if anyone knows please tell me.Thank you.^^
Notes:
The ears look like carrots but then again bunnies like carrots,dont they?
The nets are not shaded when they should be but i tried and..it didn't work so i left it to be =P.The shoes look like they're cut off and the necklace is a tad bit weird.The top is a bit to short even if it is supposed to be.The bunny tail is not visible O_o

Cookie_Crumps 08-27-2008 07:27 AM

i love them,i cant compare yours to my first ones,you eyes will be hurt :)
anyway i love them especially the second one

TheHayleyDoll 08-27-2008 11:13 AM

They're real good for firsts. You pointed out the majority of the CC yourself.

xNicole 09-01-2008 07:52 PM

No more CC then what I already posted?
Well then ill try to learn from my own.;]

New doll:

Base:full of... helium

Notes:
The hair needs more shading...or its what it looks like to me.The hair is a little too perfect neh?The dress drastically needs more shading.I hope the shading on the anklet is seen..well sorta if you tilt your head to the right,then a bit to the left and then move closer to the screen,squint your eyes and tada shading.^^ Too lazy to make shoes.She could be like me, walking around barefoot due to laziness in searching for a pair of shoes.-.-You could say im a bit lazy.Anyways id appreciate any more CC....i hope i didnt say all of it again.^^

Aihana_ 09-01-2008 08:09 PM

You pointed out most of the CC again ^-^'
The shaping of the hail is really good, but there should be a few loose strands, it needs more shading, but you already said that yourself.
It's so good for one of your firsts! I also love the shade of purple.

TheHayleyDoll 09-01-2008 08:37 PM

Something is up with the top part, too. It looks too poofed.

But yeah, you pointed out all of the CC! xD

Edit: Ah HA! You missed recolouring the eyebrows to match the hair. Lol. Yay! I caught something!! =P Good job on the doll though, and YAY!! My base!! xD

spirit_queen 09-02-2008 06:25 AM

The hair is also sorta shaped funny, like she did a weird version of 60's hair ratting, like in the the movie Hairspray.

i perfectly understand laziness. XD Often, I get frustrated with a doll, get up and leave and return to it around a day later.

xNicole 09-02-2008 06:46 PM

Oops..again.I pointed it out.Haha.The top part compared to the actual base is a bit poof.Haha i was too lazy.I was going to recolor them but then I didn't.You did catch something you didn't before and thank you.The hair is a bit awkward now all im missing is a hairband and she'll be an edited version of hairspray.Thank you ^^

School started for me today so ill be posting them up a little bit later but they'll be her.>_-

EDIT:

Icon sort of thing

Base:
CCG v.20 { What a Beautiful View }
here is an icon i made of the head part of a doll.I couldnt be inspired for an outfit so i kind of cut it off.*chuckle*
Dont really know what so say about it.---

xHardcoreFreak_ 09-04-2008 06:35 PM

I dont know much about handrawns but i think the icon is adorable.xD.
is it adoptable?
matches my hair colour.teehee.=]

xxGorgeouslyxDangerousxx 09-04-2008 07:26 PM

cuteee dolls nikki! (:
for your firsts, they\'re really good,
keep it up and you\'ll be a pro (: