Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Hand Drawn (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/)
-   -   ♥ Handrawns (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/hand-drawn/18700-handrawns.html)

xxGorgeouslyxDangerousxx 05-24-2008 06:21 PM

♥ Handrawns

Okay, so almost no one looks at my old thread, and its pretty much like a ghost-zone, so I thought of making a new one.

So here is my most recent doll, I did it in about a half-hour?
It's my first ever mermaid, and I'm pretty proud of it. (:
Be free to state your honest opinion, I'm ready to take any bad comments.
Base Credit: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory

(^^ saved under PNG)
Also, this is a doll I posted on my other thread, but no one gave any comments, so I'd like to know what you guys think.
Okay, so I know the hair is terrible. I tried following a tut but that didn't work out very good for me, and I was too lazy to redo it, so theres no need to rub it in my face that the hair is revolting; I already know.
But, although the hair is a mess, I'm quite proud of the rest of the doll. ^_^
Please tell me what you guys think.
(btw, it says gah... next to it.)
Jishin Bases

TheHayleyDoll 05-24-2008 07:09 PM

It's all kinda pillowy. Also, the black palette in the hair is a bit too blah for hair. It needs to be more on a blue-ish tone. Also, there should be shadows under the hair. That is all. ^^ The top isn't bad at all, either.

Coloured_Dreams 05-24-2008 08:15 PM

The first one is gif eaten. Save it in PNG next time! And more highlights are needed all round.

xxGorgeouslyxDangerousxx 05-24-2008 10:14 PM

Thanks guys, for the cc.
I'm hoping on making another one soon, so I'll try to work on my shading. (:

xxGorgeouslyxDangerousxx 05-25-2008 12:00 AM

Yes, I've already made a new doll.
Now, I used a tutorial and a premade palette, which made the shading easier for me. (although I find it's still quite pillowy -.-)
I want total honesty on what you think of this doll. Thanks. (:
Base Credit:
:: x a n d o r r a s :: p l a c e :: cartoon dolls, bases & tutorials

Coloured_Dreams 05-25-2008 06:34 AM

Brilliant! It's definitely your best one yet. But the skirt could've covered her feet, because her feet look a bit odd there. The folds are a littel uneven but I find them difficult to grasp as well. So don't worry, you're improving (:

Miranda_ 05-25-2008 07:45 AM

It's still a little pillowy, but the shading is vastly improved, as is the hair. ^^

xxGorgeouslyxDangerousxx 05-25-2008 07:26 PM

New doll

Okay, this is my newest one (yes, I make my dolls fast, even though the outcome isn't always so great -.-)
Please let me know what you think. ;D
Base Credit::: x a n d o r r a s :: p l a c e :: original cartoon dolls

spirit_queen 05-27-2008 09:17 PM

Was that tool-shaded? That is your best.

If you don't know what tool shading is, it's when you use the tools in a program more advanced than MS-paint to make the shading of the doll softer.

xxGorgeouslyxDangerousxx 05-27-2008 11:28 PM

Well, I use MS paint for all my dolls, but I didn't do this with the pencil tool, theres no way I would do that pixel by pixel ;P