Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default Lizzy's Drawings - 04-24-2008, 07:02 PM

I used my cat's name for the title. XD Anyways, my old thread was back on page three and I kinda let it go. If a mod could close it, here's the link-{Click}. Thank you. So, here is my newest handdrawn. It was the one I was going to enter in the Periodic Table contest but wasn't able to finish it.

Base by: click-base is Popo
Earth and ballons by: click-under props.
Attached Images
File Type: png Helium.PNG (4.5 KB, 42 views)

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3

Last edited by LadyBast0911 : 04-24-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Coloured_Dreams

Default 04-25-2008, 03:11 PM

It's good but the base looks a bit reshaded! You also need to add a bit of a better way of dolling the hair. It needs to be a bit more strandy. But it's good!

For dolling tutorials (it's completely AMAZING! It helped me improve massively) go here: Doll Tutorial Search Engine: Main
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 04-25-2008, 04:46 PM

I think its my best one yet! I'll be sure to check out the link you provided though. Thanks so much!

Altho, I do have one question. What do you mean by the base being ''reshaded''?

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Coloured_Dreams

Default 04-26-2008, 07:03 AM

You know the base is shaded to look more realistic? When you're doing the clothes, it's almost as if you're just recolouring the base, like below. Sorry! I got lazy and added an attachment instead! D:
Attached Images
File Type: png reshaded base.PNG (804 Bytes, 108 views)
(#5 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 04-30-2008, 07:14 PM

That is, indeed, a no-no. Good job pointing it out, Dreams. ^^

There is no shirt that hugs to one's body like that ever. not a swimsuit, not ever a wetsuite shows the navel(sp).

Almost every good dolling site has tuts, which may help you in learning the idea of good folding techniques. As for making an outline, that is something that comes with practice; if you look at my very first proper doll (of Psyche from Pirates), you'll see I did the same thing, as I was unused to drawing with a mouse.

Practice will help! Trust me!

(#6 (permalink))
Old
likediamonds (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 8 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 04-30-2008, 10:14 PM

I think it's pretty cute, but then again, I don't know much about handrawns, and I haven't even tried to make one, but that's just me. =)

avi: me

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Coloured_Dreams

Default 05-01-2008, 12:09 PM

Have you checked out the link yet...?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 05-02-2008, 09:08 PM

I've checked it out but haven't been able to do much with it because I was at mi mum's. I am going to do it tonight though.

<3
(#9 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 05-18-2008, 04:56 PM

I love the site! Its helped me out a lot, although I really can't seem to find a shirt that I like to try and doll. -.- Plus I'm having a drawers block. XD Help!

<3
(#10 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-19-2008, 02:16 AM

Um, doll an rp character, or something.

Closed Thread