Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 05-02-2008, 08:23 AM

Contest ends today at 6PM Eastern Time. <3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
meroneyu (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-02-2008, 10:46 AM

First base by http://giulycat.deviantart.com
Second base by ???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Coloured_Dreams

Default 05-02-2008, 11:11 AM

When will the results be posted? As soon as it ends?
(#44 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Default 05-02-2008, 04:16 PM

As soon is too soon. XD
(#45 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 05-02-2008, 08:06 PM

Ok, I'm changing mine. I hope this one works better!

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#46 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Default 05-03-2008, 12:52 PM

Okay, award time. Please ignore their hideousness, but I just did them and it took about fifteen minutes to make awards and fifteen to stick everyone's names and positions and dolls on them! And to get this out of the way, no one won based on the effort they put it, time used, or their relationship with me. Nope. It could've been the most grotesque, choppy doll in existence but as long as it meets the contest requirements, it had an equal chance of winning as the others. This is so we don't see the same faces winning all the time because they're more experienced, and it's fair. Moving on...

In this contest, you were asked to recreate an old doll, I understand many of you may not have been dolling long enough to have an "old doll", but one of your firsts was accepted. You were judged on how close it is to the real thing, and the changes you made to make it better. [Like, if the shirt was hot pink you tuned the saturation down a bit.] Although the biggest thing was, sticking to the original concept. After all, you were remaking an old doll, not an entirely new one. I noticed some of you used most the same palettes, and that was a plus. That makes it easier for me to tell that you at least tried to stick with the same idea. That alone is nice effort and would get you higher up, if that was part of the judging. Basically, the point was to see how much you improved. You were to take an old doll and recreate it, and it should have been easy for me to glance at it and go "They look alike, this person obviously remade the doll, not doll a whole new idea." Many of you did do that, while others I had to zoom in a lot to see the similarities. And those who used the same base, that was smart thinking because it made it easier for me to tell. Although, I did say I allowed different bases, and most of you who used different bases it was equally easy to tell the doll was a remake.

This contest was a close on, I wish I could pick four winners, but I can't. And I almost didn't do a third place, but I didn't want to crowd second. So, please don't feel bad how you placed! You're all winners, and believe me if I could I would put you all on spot number one. So it wasn't your doll, it was lack of space and all the other good entries.

--

Name: Silver_Wolf_Kitty
Place: First.
Award: [Here.]
Description: This was a tough one! Wolfie's entry was what I was looking for, though. It showed how much she improved skill-wise, but they also look the same. As soon as I looked at this, I could see the similarity. And she edited bits off to make it better, like those fishnets at the top and also changed the leggings, which was a smart move. I like how the hair's shape is [almost] the same and she kept the rose and the pose, and changing the boots was also a smart idea. Definitely what I had in mind when I pictured this contest. Love the necklace!

Name: Meroneyu
Place: Second.
Description: Meroneyu's doll was so bright and vibrant! Sadly, that wasn't what I was judging on or she would win hands down. She kept the over-all concept the same, and changed a lot of things. Definitely an improvement from the prep in the back. I could tell they were the same, and she came close to coming in first. Wolfie beat her by a hair, so be proud!

Name: Elanora
Place: Second.
Description: Elanorea came close to first, too! A large improvement, and they look completely alike! I just love the tail and hair on her new one! And the water is original, never seen anyone doll water like that before. This really caught my eye, most likely because I love mermaids. [Mermaids = FTW!] Really, be proud! This doll is definitely something to be proud about!

Name: Miranda
Place: Third.
Description: I really wanted to put you in second or first! A large improvement, you kept the idea, and changed the shirt color away from blinding. All four of you, really deserve first place. Sadly, only one first place and two second were allowed. I love the hair and the shirt. And [no offense] the base kills the original but oddly enough it doesn't kill the remake. Thank you for reusing that base!

I congratulate the four winners! You all deserve a round of applaud. *applause*

Name: Elanorea
Place: Most original.
Description: Yours truly was most original, lol mermaid.

Name: Silver_Wolf_Kitty
Place: Best example of theme.
Description: Come on, we all know that's why she placed first.

Name: Miranda
Place: Really superbly awesome.
Description: I admit it, this contest lacks decent award names and entries that followed the guidelines. So, I make 'em up, repeat a few people, and I'm on my way! [Ed: YOU'RE ***! Mina: You better hope I'm not! Ed: ...Oh yeah... Mina: YOU ALREADY FORGOT WE WERE DATING?! Ed: Uhm... I NEED TO GO TO THE STORE AND GET MILK! YEAH! Mina: WE DON'T EVEN LIKE MILK! Ed: ... *runs off* Mina: ... Moving on...]

Name: Meroneyu
Place: Best shading.
Description: ...Yeah...

---

Name: Singergirl509
Description: What happened? Both this and your other entry don't look anything like the originals.

Name: Puppydog55
Description: I'm sorry your remake didn't look anything like the original, but you still won something! :D

Name: Antimaie
Description: Again, I'm sorry! Really, the only things similar are the colors. [And the sweater...] But, you still one! And hey, it's better than the first version with the polka dots and blond hair! :]

Congratulations to all who won! Silver_Wolf_Kitty will be hosting the next contest. Please, save the awards to your own computer and no direct linking! Base credit for the award dolls goes to Shouri [For the original. She vanished off the face of the planet...] and Apitchou Orchid.

Last edited by celune : 05-03-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: CREDIT! OMIGAWD CREDIT WAS FORGOTTEN!
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Coloured_Dreams

Default 05-03-2008, 01:10 PM

Congratulations to the four winners! ^_^ I can't wait to see what Silver Wolf Kitty will come up with.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-03-2008, 03:24 PM

Thanks for the award, Mina! ^^ And congrats to Elanore, Mero and Kitty!

(#49 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Default 05-03-2008, 05:31 PM

Welcome. And congrats to you too! ^^
(#50 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 05-04-2008, 05:09 PM

Congrats everyone! I can't wait to see the next contest!

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Closed Thread