Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#101 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-20-2008, 07:30 AM

Haha I did; I put way too much thought into my entry cuz I love the Lion King and Simba's Pride. ^^

My contest may on the face (ha! I made a joke!) of it seem difficult, but honestly, it's actually simple.

OK, in the spring I went to a concert. It was to see Ace Frehley on his solo career. You may or may not know that he was once in Kiss; in any case, there were loads of Kiss fans, some in makeup, roaming London and it was brilliant to see people's reactions at the group of weirdos who'd taken over their town.

For the contest, I want you to pixel female Kiss fans in makeup. Their clothes can be whatever you want, based on casual for normal fans and slu'tty for groupies; just make sure they have the Kiss makeup. Here are some links to help you: (click on the photos to see close ups)

Kiss fans - Google Image Search

Kiss - Google Image Search

deviantART Search: Kiss the band

Don't worry too much about making the makeup perfect; a lot of fans tend to paint it very amateurishly. Just get it looking fanmade, and you're done. A final note; I'd prefer it if when you say you're entering, you say which makeup you're doing; and please don't all head for the Starchild one. I know it's the easiest one to pixel, but honestly, the other styles are just as simplistic, especially since you should remember I'm not looking for perfection. I want everyone to enter this; don't worry if your entry is less than perfect as it's not necessarily dolling ability that'll win the prizes in this competition.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#102 (permalink))
Old
Coloured_Dreams

Default 05-20-2008, 02:08 PM

I may sound like a saddo but I've never heard of them! o3o It looks good though to doll, so I may enter. ^_^ It'll be good practice.

EDIT: The make up is so fun! I'm practicing on smaller bases first, and then I'll... upgrade o3o

Last edited by Coloured_Dreams : 05-20-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#103 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 05-22-2008, 10:01 PM

My entry! Base by: http:full of... helium
(#104 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 05-25-2008, 11:37 AM

I hope someone else joins... T.T
(#105 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-25-2008, 06:30 PM

I might make one tomorrow... but not today. XD Today I must eat pudding and relax after my trip!

(#106 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 05-26-2008, 07:26 PM

I will be entering. I've been looking for a reason to practice makeup again, especially since I've put my Japanese style dolls on hold, which have a lot of tanning/makeup.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#107 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-29-2008, 06:39 AM

This utterly sucks, but... here we go! I can't win, anyways. XD

BASE: http://www.citronrouge.com/

(#108 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-05-2008, 06:21 PM

I'm keeping the contest open til at least 2 more people enter.

(#109 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-06-2008, 07:05 AM

Here's miine!

Due to lack of inspiration, I resorted to using Natho again. At first he complied quite nicely, then when I dyed his hair blue he started struggling. After subduing him with a frying pan (not the flaming one, that's for stupid noobs only. XD), I've dragged him here.

I look like a tart in that doll, don't I? XD

Base by Sanity Challenged, lost the link. X_x

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#110 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-10-2008, 06:15 AM

OK, I'll wait til Friday to see if there are more entries; after that, I really want to start making awards so if you want to enter, please post in the thread before then.

Closed Thread