Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#81 (permalink))
Old
meroneyu (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-12-2008, 07:23 PM

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh~*
Look, your dolls are perfectly fine.
You can't be amazing and win contests just like that.
There are plenty of people that feel the way you feel, but they still keep trying. What's the point of starting something if you're not going to keep working at it?
And if you feel depressed about it, that's perfectly natural...
It's just that you can't let things like that get you down.

Now, choosing whether or not to continue dolling is completely your decision. But choosing to quit because you're not as "good" as you'd like to be is just... stupid.
Sorry.

But now, on to the doll.

The good// I think she turned out very pretty. The red, black, grey colour scheme is appealing.
The balloon is fine the way it is. While it's not the shape of your real life balloon, it looks good with the doll. Making it more elongated would probably take away from the doll... The roundness is suitable. The dithering was done really nicely, I can tell that alot of patience and work went into it. I like how smooth it turned out, with that nice sheen still.
I like the socks. The way you shaded them looks nice and soft.

I really like her... But here are some things for FUTURE reference; that is, hopefully, if you decide to doll again.
The hair would like nice with thicker highlights. Remember to break up the highlight though, to keep it from looking chunky.
The black strings/jewellery would look more natural with some AA.
The string of the balloon would look more realistic with some AA also; right now it looks a bit... thread-ish.

Overall, she came out great and I hope to see more dolls from you.
I'm sorry if I seemed rude and/or harsh.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#82 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-12-2008, 07:39 PM

AA...? Note that I do not understand any dolling terms other then 'dither' and 'CC'. XD Is AA some form of shading? Cause I noticed that I forgot to add any shading to them.

And no, it's fine. I feel a lot better now. I was just having a breakdown at the time so...

ANYWAY, here's the new version. Again, I'm not finished cause it has to be perfect. I will do well in this contest. Doubt I'll win seeing as I've only done so once in my life and I still consider myself suckish, but...

It's a different scheme, with blue. I dunno, I just decided I see Hydrogen as red, and Helium as blue. Even though they're both colourless... XD As you can see, I also made pants. They're much less stupid then skirts for me.

Base again by: Jishin Bases

EDIT: Changed the colour of the arm warmers...

EDIT (2): Forgot to add that it's non-adoptable.

EDIT (3) XD: Slightly AA'd version (in bracelets and balloon thread). At least I think I AA'd. Not sure. -.-

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 04-12-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#83 (permalink))
Old
meroneyu (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Default 04-12-2008, 07:56 PM

Well, I'm glad you feel better ^______^;;
The new version is really cute, too.
I actually like the blue much better than the red. It's more vibrant.
Also, the jeans are really good; you shaded them better than the skirt before.
... AA means anti-alias :3
Good luck in the contest~! <3
(#84 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-12-2008, 08:02 PM

Ah. That... again... I was told to anti-alias last time too, but had no idea what exactly to do. XD I think I may be able to try. It's kinda like the thing with the "Helium 2" thing, if that makes any sense. It does to me, and I suppose that's technically whom I'm talking to since you know what AA is. =P

Yeah, well, I had no idea how to shade the skirt. I've never dolled a jean skirt before. I've done pleated, but never jean... O.o However, jean pants I can do.

Thanks.
(#85 (permalink))
Old
Macky (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-13-2008, 12:54 AM

Oh my gosh...-Faints- >w<
Yay, an entry for the contest! ^w^ The shading is amazing, I love her pants...<33
The balloon is so cute and I love the little puffs of smoke! I wish I could doll something as awesome as that, but sadly, I'm out of inspriation....;^;

(#86 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 04-13-2008, 07:54 AM

Hayley, is that a new style of shading jeans? I'm asking because of the shading beneath the knees... I LOVE it!

I don't know AA either; don't feel left out *is going to go back up to read what it is. XD*

And the only reason I cared about the balloon thing is because I used to be obsessed with draing balloons and reindeers as a child, so I know the shap all too well. (Yes, I'm a freak. Sometimes I'm proud, sometimes I hate it. ^^

(#87 (permalink))
Old
Coloured_Dreams

Default 04-13-2008, 08:38 AM

I don't even know what Anti-Alias is! Aah well, we can be left out together. Hayley, this doll is love! Regardless of what you think. Upon saying that I'm another of the annoying perfectionists myself. -_- And since I'm a beginner, I rarely get very positive comments. Which annoys my annoying nature. o3o
Baha! I'm not saying you're annoying... I certainly am anyway. Back to the doll... I see hydrogen as YELLOW for some reason! Maybe it's because it's connected to the sun. Helium... I've never really thought about. I'm not good enough to enter a contest yet, so you should own that chickety! ^w^ Anyway, I was shocked when you said you'd only been dolling a few months. I thought you were winding me up, but then you weren't and I wondered how anyone can get so good so quickly.

But like you and Miranda, I do get days where I feel like just throwing my computer out of the window and completely giving up. ;^;

Last edited by Coloured_Dreams : 04-13-2008 at 08:41 AM.
(#88 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-13-2008, 10:18 AM

*smiles and blushes* Thanks. ^^

It's not really a different shading style. At least I didn't intend it to be. *lies* Okay, I did, but then I used my old style - so I thought. I was going to used real thin highlights. They were supposed to be more flaring. I made them real tight at the top, then get more loose as they went so I guess they're flare-ish... Anyway, I thought they looked stupid... Maybe not then...

Yeah, I'm a major perfectionist. XD Can't help it. I don't have OCD, though. My BFF has both. She'll come into my room and clean it for me. O.o

I think hydrogen is red because it's very flammable... XD

Yeah. I think it's been five, six months by now actually. Who knows. -Me checked: it's been six months from apr. 3 when I did my first tutorial doll, and little above 5 that I actually started dolling without tutorial help-
(#89 (permalink))
Old
meroneyu (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Default 04-13-2008, 10:32 AM

Just came to say that the AA on the balloon string turned out great ^___^;;
(#90 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-13-2008, 10:34 AM

Thanks. ^^ I just did what the writing did (like when you zoom in to writing. Not on my doll, I got rid of it because I wanted to make it look less blurry so you could see it said Helium. XD). If that makes any sense. =/
Closed Thread