Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Macky (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-27-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post

I like the hair, it's so smooth and pretty! ^w^ The pink edges could use some anti-aliasing, but the overall effect is very soft and pretty. I love the palattes you used, too! ^.~

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 03-27-2008, 07:20 PM

Antialiasing? Meaning... I'm new to this. I don't speak pixel-talk.
I like it soft, that was the point... XD
And thanks about the palettes. ^^ Both were made by myself as I went along.
*mutters to self; I never get a 'OMG, it's beautiful!!!' etc from anyone. No matter how long I try... T.T I am in a very emo mood today and I'm not even PMSing...*
I still think I suck. I was kinda proud of that doll. -.-

I sound like such a freaking baby. T.T Yes, I want CC, but I never get any real good comments. Except from my art techer who thinks I'm a prodigy in perspective art. So sad that we're moving on from that in class... Oh, and my World Physical Geography and Algebric Math teachers; they think I'm a genius. My Geo. one was trying to talk me into becoming a Geologist. And my math, a mathmatician. Teachers like me. Weird, yes.

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 03-27-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
xNicole (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-27-2008, 07:56 PM

adorable.i really like the hair and her top is great too.im not as good as you are.......*aheeem*.great palettes.;]

AVVIE:ME :P
Hey! It;s Nikki( xXx_cute_nikki_xXx) Had me as a friend?
Add me ;P

SUPER JUNIOR <3
Ryeowook ;P
gahh fan attacks.;P

Last edited by xNicole : 03-27-2008 at 08:00 PM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-27-2008, 09:18 PM

Again, I'm making all these palettes, so thanks. It'll definitely make it to my second set of palettes.

Here's the new Mandi (slightly edited, as you can see) - with background. 100% by me. I tried using perspective and making small rooms. Those 'grey doors' are actually lockers (close up compared to other room). And the other room is her (and Kaia's) dorm. It has a desk, closet, door (dur), two beds - the pink Mandi's and orange Kaia's, and a flat screen TV.

Base by ILCK on UG, site closed, original doll and character by me of course.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 03-27-2008, 10:11 PM

I like the widdle room- It's funny!

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#26 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 03-28-2008, 04:29 AM

Anti-alias is more a tool-shading term. It means that Hammy wants you to manage to soften the pink. Just think of what the word "alias" means, and it as anti on it.

Anti-aliasing somthing on photoshop/psp/some-other-fancv-program softens the lines so that they aren't quite perfectly solid, mono-colored lines anymore. Wanna see what I'm talking about? Go find and anime pic and, say, look at the eyelashes... see how they're sort of blended int, to the point where you can thell they;re eyelashes, but there's all softened colors?

That's anti-aliasing.

(Oh, the only reason I don't say it's amazing, is because it is. I'm backwards like that; I criticize the stuff I like a lot, wishing that it be improved and improved to perfection. The other stuff I like, but am too lazy to type anything)

Thought I'd help!

(#27 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-28-2008, 07:01 AM

I still think it's because I'm suckish. And equally dumb. T.T

Whatever, life goes on... I'm not going to get into an emo story about my stupid life when I can just get the heck over it.

Thanks, I guess... Not sure how I'll do that, though (anti-aliasing).

Thanks, Aaron. The little room was harder then you'd think cause I had to make everything so tiny.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-28-2008, 07:07 AM

I think the little room is cute.

And you aren't dumb; I am. XD It took me, like, three years to learn all the terms by myself. You can't anti-alias in MS Paint; there are no proper tools to my knowledge that do anything of the sort, which would explain your lack of knowledge on the subject. (at least you have an excuse... I never have.)

You don't suck. I'm sort of jealous of you; you get way more comments than me. I can post something, and it'll never get noticed. You post something, and everyone floods to your thread to comment you.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 03-28-2008, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post
I still think it's because I'm suckish. And equally dumb. T.T

Whatever, life goes on... I'm not going to get into an emo story about my stupid life when I can just get the heck over it.

Thanks, I guess... Not sure how I'll do that, though (anti-aliasing).

Thanks, Aaron. The little room was harder then you'd think cause I had to make everything so tiny.
Thanks Haley!
Out of interest, what exactly is anti-aliasing? o.O

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#30 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-28-2008, 07:12 AM

Aaron, I already answered that, goofy. XD

Closed Thread