Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 03-26-2008, 09:19 PM

I think you should add some shadow beneath the hair; the highligghting on the head makes it look like the hair is simply floating there, with how high you put the hairline.

YAY! You used my base! *GLOMP*

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 03-26-2008, 09:21 PM

I didn't know where to put the hairline. XD I just clicked somewhere and went with it. ^^

And I did put shadow... a bit at least. Like on my last doll.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-26-2008, 09:25 PM

Not much shadow, try for more dramatic shadows, and dull the rest of the forehead a bit.

I'm going to get a website! If my compy will stop being evil... when I figure it all out, you shall have a sister!

(#14 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-26-2008, 09:27 PM

YAY!! ^^ Happiness!

Dull the forehead? As in make it less shiny and get rid of some highlighting?

And ugh. I'm already shadowing with the darkest colour. At least I do that 90% of the time.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-26-2008, 09:31 PM

Well, yes. You don't just ouline the hair with the darkest color; it doesn't really make much of a shadow, just a sort of outline. You sort of make is less shiny around the hair by spreading out the darker half of the skin pallette in that area an making the light parts WAY less by the hairline, just don't overdo it.

I'm not really sure how to explain it. I've lately gotten too lazy to do it, so I've either made lotsa low bangs or low hairlines so no one can tell. XD

(#16 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-26-2008, 09:35 PM

I'll just not do it until I understand. XD

This has nothing to do with pixelling, but I made the prettiest face today - for me. I suck at faces with shading, but I tried. Oh, and my art teacher called me a great artist who can draw incredibly in perspective. I blushed and smiled happily. XD
(#17 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-26-2008, 09:39 PM

Eh, people call me talented... I say i'm not good enough until I can beat Thomas Kinkade! I WILL! *is determined*
Yeah, I'm a born critisizer... ESPECIALLY of myself.

I have a site now! It has nothing on it, yet... that will come later, but I have a SITE!

(#18 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-26-2008, 09:42 PM

Make sure to give me the linky!

And I've critical of myself too. However, everyone around me thinks I'm incredibly good at everything. I'm my Algebra and my World Geo. teacher's favourite student.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-26-2008, 09:46 PM

I'm younger than you; I'm just in regular Algebra. I'm basically like that, too.

Yahoo! GeoCities don't bother going there yet! I've yet to start experimenting, which may actually have to wait until summer; when I have the time (no projects)!

(#20 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-26-2008, 09:48 PM

Wow. Long time... Anyway, our spam fest should be ending. XD
Closed Thread