Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#121 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-04-2008, 06:27 PM

Alright. And you could use a slightly lighter color for the outline, then; that'd do something similar.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#122 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 05-04-2008, 06:41 PM

Yes but it's supposed to be the way I made it. That's why I made it that way.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#123 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 05-04-2008, 07:18 PM

I really like the doll! Its extremely cute and really good!

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#124 (permalink))
Old
Coloured_Dreams

Default 05-05-2008, 05:19 AM

Wow! It's good! ^_^ I don't have anything to add about it. I lub the house! x3
(#125 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-05-2008, 09:37 PM

Thanks.

Mafia doll for contest. This is the unfinished, ready for critique version. Base by same as last. In a rush and too busy to post link. Keep in mind this is my first try at a suit.
(#126 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-06-2008, 03:07 AM

Please take no offense from this. If you must, go to the bottom, where I graded it. ^^ I notice I tend to leave out the good things in my criticism, so I gave you a grade to go by so you know what I REALLY think! This other stuff is just some advice on the suit itself and some of the shading elsewhere.

Suits are hard, believe me; my own suit-wearing-doll gave me so much trouble that I was ready to give up.

Here's some advice; suits have a lot of almost choppy-like fold. Use the pics in the link Kitty provided in the thread; they give you an idea, somewhat. You can also look up pic-references for tuxedos, cus they do the same thing.

Also, suits have very angular shoulders, to perhaps you ought to exaggerate that a bit*, especially with that pose; I've worn a "penguin suit" before, trust me. XD The square shoulders sort of poof up but remain square when you pose like that. O.o (I wore it for band, and the coats are HEAVY! But our outfits look more military than suit-ish, so there might be a slight difference.)
The asterik just means that it's optional; I can see you did make the shoudlers angular, and it would be more caricature(sp?)-like to exaggerate. ^^; If you are offended by this, ro whatev, thne ignore my ranbling!

Perhas you could use darker shadows with the white ribbon on the hat, because the black sort of kills it, and you coudl d the reverse with the black... let there be light! Don't be afraid of contrast; contrast is an artist's best friend! ^.~

All in all, if I were to grade this in it's obviously rough stages, you'd get high B+, low-midle A, most of it for design. Don't be afraid to play with it a bit, and be bolder with your shading and folds; soft and mild works for cotton tees, but not everything.

Last edited by spirit_queen : 05-06-2008 at 03:09 AM.
(#127 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-06-2008, 07:09 AM

Actually, I did use a pic for reference. The cartoon one using the girl. That's where I got the exact shading sine I had no idea where to start.

Whatever. I don't have time for contests anyway. T.T
(#128 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-06-2008, 07:10 AM

Oh, okay. You don't have to take my advice so harsly, you konw. O.o I always am offending you... maybe I'll just shutup and go find my little hole...

(#129 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-06-2008, 07:14 AM

I'm just not so good with advice. It's not you, it's just I always feel like crap when I don't get good reviews. I try my hardest and always seem to think, "A ha! It's perfect!" then I post it and find out it's not at all. It's saddening to people with mental disorders.

Anyway, here's a slightly change one. I probably should just start over.

[Base]
(#130 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-06-2008, 07:16 AM

The stripe is much better!

Sometimes I wonder if I have a disorder, but it'd be more along the lines of the way I absorb info.

Closed Thread