Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-22-2008, 07:56 PM

Leather and PVC are so hard to shade. Looks good. ^^

And lol! XD The Dirty Deeds Done With Sheep is one of my fave misheard lyrics; misheard by a mate of mine true but apparently wider spread than I thought.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-22-2008, 08:09 PM

Lol I had no idea it was from a song until recently...
My friend one day a long while back came on and said "Mina I thought of my new catch phrase!" Because she was trying to think of one for a while and she said that and I laughed so hard I fell of my chair.
And after a while of her saying it I started saying it and it became our greeting as well as "Shiisa Yabimi" and when we go on palace we say it first thing to make sure no one's posing. Because she's pretty well-known around palace because she's so random.. I'm the "Banana" that tags along with her. [She calls me banana because I use Sailor Venus sprites on the palace and her side hair looks like a banana.]
Lol even on the phone. Instead of "hello" we either say "Shiisa Yabimi!" or that. Try saying "Shee-sah-yah-be-me" real fast. XD My friend pointed it out. Sounds a bit like "She saw yah beat me."
Lol I'm a tad off topic here... Leather is sometimes hard for me but it depends. Because I figured out a trick that if you do big thick L's and upside down L's in some places and leave the others the base color and just shade the L's lighter in the middle, it gives a neat effect.

Base by KawaiiHannah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-22-2008, 08:13 PM

I do that with dark colors, often my velvets, but use a softer, milder pallette for velvette, whereas leather is usually quite shiny and has much more contrast.

(#34 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Default 01-22-2008, 08:20 PM

Exactly! Leather is very shiny... and heavy..
Somehow an old leather jacket got in my room and I couldn't hold it up long..
It was thick. >_<
It's shiny, but a lot of people put white in with darker tones which is a big no-no. Use white if it's light, but a darker white that matches the color of the leather in question for darker things.

Base by KawaiiHannah
(#35 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-22-2008, 08:22 PM

it bothers me when people do that. If one ever zooms in on aphoto, even in Paint, one could see that, unless under very, VERY odd lighting, that said jecket never reaches a pure white.

(#36 (permalink))
Old
Macky (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Default 01-22-2008, 08:29 PM

Wow Mina, your doll is perfect! I love the skirt and the boots!
I don't think I'm entering, midterms is coming up....Dx

(#37 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 01-22-2008, 08:30 PM

You guys really are so much better than me.
Well, here's my entry. It isn't as nearly good as all yours but its one of my better ones. I really do like the shirt.
Attached Images
File Type: gif ppkh.base.gif.finished.GIF (2.0 KB, 66 views)

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#38 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-22-2008, 08:31 PM

We already had ours. i can't wait for finals, as we have an extended, free lunch period!

Anyways, i'm glad i'm not the only one not entering...

(#39 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Default 01-22-2008, 09:27 PM

Singergirl, that's really cute. ^_^
But can I point something out? You don't have to read it if you don't want to, being this contest should have CC on dolls unless asked. But I really think it'll help. If you don't want it up, PM me and I will remove it.
I love the hair, love love love it. But you don't want to simply recolor the base, such as what you did. Because clothes have folds, no matter how tight. Only few exceptions exist where you should recolor the base. Check out Hayleydoll's tutorial or search for Watermelon Bubblegum's Full Doll Tutorial. Because it seems her tutorials went missing on her site. Hope it helps. ^_^ And don't be afraid to ask me to remove this if you don't want it up, I respect your decision.

Base by KawaiiHannah

Last edited by celune : 01-22-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Change text size! :O
(#40 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 01-22-2008, 09:33 PM

One suggestion to you, don't use that second font colour. Its very hard to read. Also, what would CC mean. Contest something is what I'm thinking. And I am very thankful for you suggesting things.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Closed Thread