Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#141 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-05-2008, 02:57 PM

Uh...Can I change mine? I kinda don't like it and I'm almost done with the new one and its actually a lot better. I just have to finish the hair and then the wings.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#142 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 03-06-2008, 12:29 AM

If you finish the new one by the due date I will accept it instead of the old one :] Due date is this friday!

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#143 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 03-06-2008, 06:49 AM

Its done! Yay! The wings are crap but other than that, I'd say its my best one!

I would like CC, tho.
Attached Images
File Type: png elfcontestgirl..PNG (3.5 KB, 16 views)

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#144 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 03-06-2008, 03:11 PM

People won't CC in this thread; I recommend you start your own pixel thread, and you will receive plenty of tips.

(#145 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-06-2008, 04:48 PM

Okay, this doll took me WEEKS! First off, the original base form bunnystick was unshaded, so I shaded it myself. Then, I exteneded all pallattes in use to allow them o be big enough for my doll (I made them all 8 or more). The star on her corset-thing was shaded, but it looked odd un-softened on such a large base, so i softened it and ruined my shading.
she's wearing a beanie-hat, something I didn't intend to do at first, but added later (the hair was being stubborn.)
This is inspired by the works of Amy Brown, and dudettel already has links up for her, I think. That's why the socks have no folds (socks, not tights. If you look closely at her weird, grass0skirt thing, you'll see some leg.)
The wings and candle are tooled because I got so sick of working on this doll that i wanted to finish, so I cheated. Please do not count the colorful wings or glowy, random candle in your judging, dudettel; just the hair, clothes, and base-shading. If you want to say somethign about this doll, i am posting her in my thread; say it there.

BASE: Bunnystick - Now In PINK?!

(#146 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 03-07-2008, 04:08 PM

Congratulations to everyone, job well done! I had a horrible time judging this, I wanted to give everyone 1st and 2nd place!

Each award sports the persons username, doll, place, and a unique background that matches their faerie.

Awards as follows:

Honourable mention:
Image - TinyPic - Share the Experience!

Third:

Second:

First:

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
(#147 (permalink))
Old
xPapercut (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 03-07-2008, 04:51 PM

Congrats everyone! ^.^

sugar_snow_fairy with a new account since my old one was deleted. Please add me again if you're my friend. =]
(#148 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 03-10-2008, 07:42 PM

I can't wait to see what the next one is.

<3
(#149 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 03-11-2008, 01:50 AM

Oh gods, I can't believe I won, I thought both of the second place entries were better than mine!

I'm also kinda busy right now, so I don't know if I will have time to host the next contest... if either spirit_queen or Mina feel like hosting, please go ahead. If not, I'll try to come up with a theme soon, though I'm kinda low on inspiration at the moment.

(#150 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-11-2008, 06:20 AM

I'll ask Mina if I can. If she really reeeeally wants to, I'll let her, but if not, I'll take over.

Closed Thread