Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#121 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 02-26-2008, 12:00 PM

All of your dolls were well done! I had an unfair advantage, as I am obsessed with 80's and 80's music :]

I have to think of another contest...I want it to be something good considering some of you may not join if I don't think of something brilliant!

Due to my current obsession, the next contest will be ~*faeries*~

You can look up a picture of a faerie and doll that, or create your own. The only criteria is that it either must have wings. (And for most, that will be the hard part...) or some sort of defining feature making it non human, for example: Pointy ears, funny clothes, antennae, an object in the picture that shows that the doll is very small (like mushroom or toad or something like that).

Ideas and inspiration:

Fairy Art: Amy Brown Fantasy and Faery Art: The Official Online Gallery

Fantasy art by Jessica Galbreth, fairy and faery art, goddess art, dragon art, mermaid art and more!

Selina Fenech Fairies and Fantasy

Welcome to the Magical Fairy art of Marjolein Gulinski

Wings:
I searched for wing tutorials but found none...Your wings can be virtually anything, including:
Butterfly
Dragonfly
Bat
Angel/bird
Broken

I hope you all enjoy this contest and if you know of wing tutorials and would like to share, feel free to do so :]

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde

Last edited by dudettel : 02-26-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 02-26-2008, 02:39 PM

I really want to enter, but I don't know if I can. When is the contest closing?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#123 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Default 02-26-2008, 03:03 PM

Tentative date: Friday, March 7th
I can extend it if need be :]

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
(#124 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 02-26-2008, 03:58 PM

OMG! i LOVe amy Brown! I'm so excited! *glomps you, dudettel*

(#125 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-26-2008, 06:17 PM

I doubt I could doll wings; couldn't I just add them in afterwards or find a fairy base with wings?

Found one wing tut, but it seems to be a photoshop or PSP tut and far too complicated for me.

Fantasy Art and Illustration by Rachel Anderson

Last edited by Miranda_ : 02-26-2008 at 06:40 PM.
(#126 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 02-26-2008, 06:47 PM

You could do bee wings; they're fairly easy and don't need any shading. I did that on a pixel art and it didn't look too bad.

I'll just post an example as an attachment because I'm too lazy to upload to photobucket. XD

Note that it is fairly old.
It's not the best, but you could do that and add highlights and stuff around it if you want.

I'm not great at wings, either. XD

Base is APITCHOU ORCHID
Attached Images
File Type: png o_o.png (1.1 KB, 50 views)

Base by KawaiiHannah
(#127 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Default 02-26-2008, 08:12 PM

If you want to use clip art wings or a fairy base with wings, just make sure you credit that and I will judge it on the doll itself, not the wings. Dragonfly wings would be pretty easy, as would bat wings. Just steer clear of butterfly or feathery wings...

(#128 (permalink))
Old
Macky (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: Not Rated
Default 02-26-2008, 08:46 PM

Can I do mechanical wings? ^^

(#129 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Default 02-26-2008, 09:59 PM

Of course! Any type of wings are accepted :]

I've decided to change something. Some people think of faeries as little mischevious people, but not always with wings. So, if you don't want to do wings, just give the faerie another trait that makes it obviously non human. It could have pointy ears, antennae, be standing under a mushroom, whatever!

(#130 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 02-27-2008, 04:00 AM

OMG! We get to pixel mushrooms? how fun!

I'm so doing a pixie with striped legs under a polka-dotted mushroom!

Closed Thread