Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#361 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-30-2012, 08:23 PM

Thanks. ^^ I'll transparentise it and post it tomorrow on the collab thread.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#362 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 12-31-2012, 10:51 PM

Great job on your doll Miranda, the only changes that I would have made are the changes that Haley has already done for you, pallettes make a huge difference...So exiting! I cant wait to see all of the dolls together.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#363 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 01-02-2013, 04:32 PM

You have become fantastic at dress bottoms, KUDOS!

My only CC's are these:

I think the blonde part of your hair could stand to have 1 strand, it looks too chunky atm.

And the dress could use 1 more highlight shade.

Other than that, fantastic job!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#364 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 02-16-2013, 07:56 AM

Doll finished; ugh, simply could not find a decent white pallette, so if anyone wants to do a bit of editing to make the skirt look better, feel free. Dessert is Baked Alaska, by the way.

Base: Mariiii's Dolls House - Dorothee

(#365 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 02-16-2013, 12:53 PM

I don't pixel shade so I can't really edit. But in regards to the skirt I think if you made the 3rd color (the second darkest) a little lighter or the 2nd color (the second lightest) a bit darker it would blend a little smoother.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#366 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 03-17-2013, 10:28 AM

I did a quick edit for you! I provided the palette I made to go along with it!

(#367 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-22-2013, 08:38 PM

I haven't dolled for flipping ages... and it shows! XD Anyway, this is my entry for the Handdrawn Contest: Raksha Keller from the Night World book "Witchlight".

Base: Eva Base by ~Jishin on deviantART

If you haven't read the books, here's some info about Keller: Raksha Keller - Night World Wiki

(#368 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-24-2013, 05:52 PM

You said you wanted CC? Here it goes... xD

The shading on the clothing is exactly why I don't dither often. It's an advanced technique and, unless the palette is perfect, it tends to look awkward - even for myself, it often causes shading to look pillowy (even if the shading itself isn't pillowy, it gives an odd effect).

The hair is very... big. Like, Diana Ross kind of big. I'd thin it out a little bit. I also noticed, close up on the doll, your "main shade" isn't the middle shade. (In terms or dark-light), instead of outline-shadow-main-highlight-highlight2, you did outline-shadow-HIGHLIGHT-main-highlight2. The second highlight should always be lighter than the 'main-colour'. I gave a close up of this below.

As you can see, your mid colour is too grey. It should be darker than your highlight colour.

I changed ZERO shading, and other than the hair, I didn't change any outline either. I thinned the hair out (used the eraser tool to thin the hair, didn't touch the shading inside) and changed the palette to a darker black (with blue highlights). So, as you can see, the shading itself is fine but because of the dithering, you have to be even more careful with the palette than usual.

Much like I said with Bella, palettes are super important. I am not exaggerating when I say it takes me about an hour just for palette/colour changes when I'm pixelling. Even when using other palettes, whether or not it looks good depends on your own shading style. What works for me, may not work for you, and vice-versa. I'm currently working on a palette-making tutorial - it should he done soon.

Hopefully that helps! =) In summary, be careful when you dither, work really hard on editing your palettes, and slim down the hair. ^_^
(#369 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-25-2013, 08:50 AM

Thanks. I really could do with a tut on dolling long hair; all the ones I've looked for don't really cut it.

(#370 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-29-2013, 04:05 PM

Entry for the Handdrawn Contest.

Came up with Feather Princess for my name, but switched it round cuz it fitted the backstory I came up with better. XD

Poor Feather the pegasus was completely unprepared for alicornhood. She ought to have been expecting it, after singlehandedly fighting off a giant tornado that threatened to engulf Canterlot, but she wasn't. After all, it was to her mind only what any other pony would have done. Yet, she was made a princess, and to her mind, only disaster could come of her having a horn.

Princess Feather.

Base: mlp Base by ~PeppermintBowtie on deviantART

Since I am horribly clumsy, this backstory suits me. XD My main issue with the suggested bases was that they were really meant for making vector ponies, rather than pixel art. I suppose with a posh paint programme you could get rid of the fuzziness round the lines, but that's beyond me and MS Paint, so I just searched for a pony pixel base instead.