Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#321 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 04-04-2012, 08:33 PM

I KNEW it would be a Sonic character!!!!

By the way, I'm SUPER impressed with the progress you've made with hair. It looks like you're trying a new technique (I, personally, favor the cartoon hair rather than the "realistic" approach, so this doll really speaks more to me!), and it's made a huge difference with your overall doll.

CC: Maybe some more drastic contrast in the hair (darker shadows, lighter highlights), and I find that dithering clothes on such small outfits to be counterproductive, but it might have worked better if the folds were less chunky maybe?

Overall though, I'm really impressed. I hope to see more of this hair technique from you.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 04-04-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#322 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-04-2012, 08:59 PM

Thanks; I was going for the cartoon look in the hair. ^^ I'm glad it worked!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#323 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 04-09-2012, 08:48 PM

Avoid dithering in clothes except for on large dolls; often times, you destroy any sense of modelling you've created by softening it with dithering.

I noticed the hair, too, an I agree; some higher contrat would make your new technique pop. ^^

(#324 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 04-28-2012, 07:28 AM

My entry for the handdrawn contest. Hair is crappy but I'd spent so much time on this doll that by the time I got to the hair, I was so fed up with it that I just couldn't be bothered any more; I just wanted to finish.

Base: Cat Base by ~pixiekat on deviantART

Reference pic: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...eGreyhound.jpg

(#325 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 04-28-2012, 09:14 AM

Miranda, you just keep getting better. Keep going like this and soon I'll have even more competition. The hair is very good, believe it or not, and the choker is FTW. The shoes and socks also look pro.

I have CC. The hem of the dress is too straight; it's kind of wrinkling downwards, so the hem should be a pixel higher where the shading is dark, and a pixel lower where it's bright, to give the impression it's further away in the folds and closer in the shine. Disregard this if you already did that and I can't see it due to my shaky screen.

Also, the wrinkles under her hooters are marginally too bright; but I think if you did make them darker, we might have trouble seeing them, so good job. There should be some lines above the bo'obs too, especially near the collar.

But hell, it's good.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#326 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-02-2012, 07:11 PM

Just made this doll to try out a centaur base I found. Tail looks a bit crap; never mind.

Base: FreezerPop on deviantART

(#327 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-04-2012, 09:27 AM

This base is kinda awkward, which actually makes it a bit harder on you. The green hair is interesting, and a bit daring; it's hard to take odd colors like that and make it look like hair.

I know there's a better centaur base out there somewhere... I remember seeing one... If you remind me, I'll try looking for it at the end of the semester, when I'm not drowning in hw.

(#328 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-04-2012, 11:08 AM

That would be great, thanks.

Posting this here; not really a doll, but don't have anywhere else to put it. Seeing as I very rarely pixel things other than dolls, it's not really worthwhile opening a separate thread. Anyway, this is a Set animal that I drew on Paint. I used a greyhound picture I found on Google as the base and added in the head and tail later. I blocked in the colours, trying to make it look fairly realistic; I did a tiny bit of dithering as I like to dither, but take in mind that this isn't a doll but a graphic. XD I decided that since I couldn't post hand drawings on dA due to not having a scanner, that I'd try and do a pixel drawing on Paint instead.

Reference: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ters_27100.jpg

Last edited by Miranda_ : 05-04-2012 at 03:10 PM.
(#329 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-04-2012, 03:00 PM

Could you credit the ref photo? It's adorable, but please credit the pic. ^^

(#330 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-04-2012, 03:11 PM

Whoops, forgot to do that. >_< Anyway, I've edited it in now.