Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#261 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-26-2010, 11:42 AM

New doll; mainly cuz I wanted to show how a character of mine looks. Understand that a) I haven't dolled anything in a long time, so please don't be too harsh CCing. It takes a while to get into the swing of things when you've had a hiatus and b) I did a lot of the shading while being blasted in the eyes by strong sunlight. -.- My computer is by the window and while I do have a shade, it's still really bright and I was using dark colours.

This is Shadow; name is a coincidence as I've had this character for ages. Came up with her around the time that Sonic 2 was released, so nope, she was not named after Shadow the hedgehog and she is not anything like him.

Base:
Star Girl

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#262 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-26-2010, 11:45 AM

I LOVE the jeans. ^^ Fantastic shading on her. Only mild complaint is the eyebrows, but eyebrows are a pain. -.-They need too much a-aing... That and lips.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#263 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-26-2010, 11:48 AM

I want her pants. D= You can naysay yourself all you want, Miranda, but you can do pants really well.

The hair looks a little blocky, but I understand that. Hair is always annoying. x.x

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#264 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-26-2010, 12:00 PM

I didn't touch the lips; they're the base lips. I had to do the eyebrows as without them coloured in, they looked weird. O_o The trousers are my fave part; and the hairstyle was hard, but it had to be that way or else it wasn't Shadow's hair. XD

(#265 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-26-2010, 12:05 PM

I'm tempted to make an a-a tut, as it's hard and annoying, especially to those who use MS.

(#266 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-27-2010, 08:05 AM

By the way, I know that the hair isn't very good, but I tried and tried for hours to make it look better, and in the end, I just said, "Soddit" and gave up. Much like in real life, actually. The heel on the boot on the left foot looks funny, but I could not for the life of me see how to make it look right. Yes, my super villainess wears high heels. Check Marvel; nearly all the heroines and villainesses wear heels. XD

Base: wish04 on deviantART

Miranda was a normal teenager up til her fifteenth birthday, then her powers manifested. She was bullied at school, and it was during one of these sessions that her shapeshifting power came thru. Miranda changed into a dragon and sent the bullies running in fear. Hounded and finally driven out of her home town, by people frightened of her powers, Miranda nursed her bitterness daily.

When she next appeared, she'd become the super villainess Deadly Nightshade. Her powers meant that no-one could be quite sure where she was, or who their friends were. Deadly Nightshade works alone. If she needs any dirty work done, she hires thugs to do it, but they know nothing so that if they are caught, they cannot incriminate her. As a class five mutant, Deadly Nightshade can actually be what or who she changes into, so there really is no telling the difference between her and the person who's place she takes.

(#267 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-27-2010, 08:28 AM

I like her little leotard. XD And, yes, streaks are teh great ebil.

As for her heal on our left side, it's just sticking out at the wrong angle, is all. Otherwise the shotes are great. ^^

(#268 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 07-27-2010, 09:00 AM

You're getting better =)

First doll: The hair is excellent, but do you see the way you have two lines of highlight starting in the center and running down to the ends? Those shouldn't be so seperate; she should mingle and trample off. There should also be a sort of ring of highlight on the hair; running through the middle, as though someone put a small hoop on her head, and it sort of sank into the hair and isen't visible around the forehead.

If that makes any sense at all. XD

Second doll: The heel should be starting at the heel, and then pointing down towards the bottom left of the image. Try it and see. =P

Also, the middle bit, between the crotch and the bewbs is awesomely shaded :O

And I hate streaks too. XD

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#269 (permalink))
Old
megarawrz

Default 07-27-2010, 09:21 AM

WOW! You are very talented =)
Wish I was that talented oh maybe I can make a machine that can steal talents and steal your talent! MUAHAHA , JK

Very nice , I LOVE the hair.
(#270 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-16-2010, 06:14 PM

New doll for Chessie's contest. Again, I'm out of practice; so much that I deliberately chose an alien that didn't have hair so I wouldn't have to pixel any. The head tails were a bit difficult, but hopefully they look alright. In case you've never seen Star Wars, this is a type of alien known as a Twi'Lek. This one is a dancer; that's why the skimpy costume.

Base: Star Girl