Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#211 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-30-2009, 03:37 PM

Folds kill me; either they end up looking too stiff, or too flat. X_x

As for Glory's hair, that took me forever; I kept redoing bits and worrying that it would look craptastic instead of good. XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#212 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-30-2009, 03:40 PM

^ That's what I did to my Shadow avvie xD

I kept shading and dithering without knowing if it would turn out good. If it had turned out bad after those hours I would've been ****ed. :c

And the folds are in the right place, and up close they look good...I don't know why they lok sort of stiff o_O"

Perhaps it's just me xDD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#213 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-13-2009, 07:24 PM

New doll; I figured it was about time I dolled on a base bigger than the ones I usually pick. I also tried to do an updo hairwise, for the first time. The pallette for the shirt is mine; another first time. I tend to think my dolls are craptacular at the best of times... -.- It's Kasa, from Streets of Rage, by the way.

Base: Orange-Bubbles on deviantART

(#214 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 08-13-2009, 07:30 PM

I dind't know Kasa wore a bun. I like the fold at her waist on the other side; that was acurate. The sleeve, however, bothers me...

And how do you manage to make you pixel work look watercolor-painted? O.o I can never figure it out...

(#215 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-13-2009, 07:31 PM

I figured she'd have her hair up sometimes, to stop it getting in the way.

Not a clue. XD I tried to fix that strap a few times, but in the end I gave up as I just could not get it to look right. -.-

(#216 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-13-2009, 07:38 PM

Other then the sleeve thing, I think it's so cute, and I'm glad people are actually using my base. ^_^ Maybe the sleeve could have been off the shoulder, like it had slipped down? I like the updo. :D
(#217 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-13-2009, 07:39 PM

It's nice, xcept the hair looks sort of pillowy owo but I like the outline and suchs XD

The folds in the shirt are great. I love it. :3

Yayy, ppl are using Hayley's base>O<
(#218 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-13-2009, 10:00 PM

Pallettes 4 uz!
for the most part, these pallettes work like tihs: the farthes right is the outline, the one left of it is the shading, the on left of the shading is the base/main color, and the last is the highlight color. I dind't use all of these pallettes that day, but most.

Oh, and that black pallette in the non-blue-ish on with the yellow highlights has two highlights because it's a 3-color pallette.

(#219 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-05-2009, 06:45 PM

Violy for the handdrawn contest, which I stand no chance at winning, but I just wanted to have a go at. XD I know it's pretty bad, especially the hair, but I've never freestyled so much before in my life. O_o Please don't bother to critique the hair; I know it's bad but the style just killed me. I can't pixel stockings. -.- Only things I like are the base recolour and the bow. X_x

Base: *DEAC loves you.
Reference picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../ViolyCard.jpg

I couldn't manage her violin, or her shoes; I suck at baseless pixelling and the boots were just too hard on forward facing feet. But I did recolour the base pretty niftily, I think.

(#220 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-05-2009, 07:00 PM

The base reshade came out nice, and the hair isn't as bad as you tihnk. The bow is good, the dress just needs a darker outline, because the rest of your doll has relatively dark outlines.