Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#471 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 10-01-2011, 10:05 PM

His pants. They are perfect!

The hair's problem is that, when a base is that small, you can't really separate highlights to make strands; at that distance, you get a blurred bit of highlight and shadow.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#472 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 10-01-2011, 10:07 PM

The only way to separate strands is to make them highly contrasting. ._. and it still looks funkeeehhh. But yay I'm really happy with his pants and her shirt. His shirt too, I suppose; she's meant to be grabbing onto the sleeve to keep her balance. XD

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#473 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-01-2011, 10:10 PM

No, no, you misunderstood; with a pic that small, you wouldn't see separate strands *at all*. You'd just focus a highlight to represent shine. Take a photo and resize it in GIMP until they're a similar size to this resized base, and then look; if the hair in the original photo had highly contrasted shine, then you'll see that the strands aren't really separated out in said shine. ^^

(#474 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-01-2011, 10:12 PM

Oooohhh, I get it now. XD /derp

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#475 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-23-2012, 08:28 PM

Base by TheHWord on deviantART

This is an alien race of my own design, the Kyzanine! This is Irau Vritzket (last name, first name), a crysability-less Kyzanine with a crown of jewels.

The explanation would take too long.

For an RP elsewhere with a friend of mine.

EDIT: Also, no, she doesn't have her head shaved like that, her hair is actually very long. I just didn't pixel that in because then you wouldn't see her back crystals.

Halestorm
(#476 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-23-2012, 08:38 PM

Awwww, she's cute~

(#477 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-25-2012, 06:38 PM

Yes, she is. :3

Warning: Homestuck Typing Quirks Ahead! Also, lazy Unshaded doll. I kind of like the unshading though.

Base by TheHWord on deviantART

guy2 guy2 how do ii home2tuck

This is Enkidu Gamesh - so named for the Babylonian Gemini pair, Enkidu and Gilgamesh, who were best friends up until Enkidu's untimely death. In the AU!HomestuckRP that my friend Rich is running, the world is basically run by clones of the heroes - be they troll or human - and the nonclones are forced to live underground. Enkidu is trained by Solluxander Captor himself, the Mage of Doom and P2iioniic Extraordiinaiire, and had been hiding in Terezi's old treehouse until a recent spate of events shoved her into teaming up with Vanatas, a mysterious Court Jester whose sign is unknown and Karkat, Equius, and the mysterious juggaloPrincess - Gamzaa Peixes!

Enkidu is a high class psionic, nearly on Sollux's level, and is one of few non-clones to live on the surface largely because she has spent her life in isolation, living out in unpopulated zones. While most clones are expert programmers like their Patron Troll, Enkidu can't even read the most basic ~ATH programming codes and is actually an excellent scientist with notable ability in such branches as biology and genetics. She is Seer of Doom and the Purveyor of Baked Goods (EG: She's the new Batterwitch).

For those that understand none of this: Good. That means you can start reading Homestuck now.

Her Trollian handle is tentativeAuthorization and she talk2 very much liike her Patron Troll 2ollux, but when 2he get2 two 2tre2sed out she'll drop the typing quirk, though her speaking lisp becomes much worse. Her eyes and psionic powers are a Secondary Triad to her blood color, mustard yellow - just as Sollux's three colors, red-blue-mustard yellow, are the Primary Triad.

Her hair looks like that because let's face it, guys, if you have crazy psionic abilities, your appearance is the LAST thing you worry about because it's always gettin' all up in your hair and messing up your perm. *smacks self* Shutting up.

Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 08-25-2012 at 08:54 PM.
(#478 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 08-25-2012, 09:54 PM

Yay Homestuck
I think the lack of shading works well for this doll, makes it resemble the comic style, and the character design is nice. Love the crazy hair

PS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izm0I0RrqME

(#479 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-25-2012, 10:36 PM

Thanks ^_^ She was originally going to be wearing a labcoat but it started turning into a hoodie instead so I said SC'REW THIS.

Also, yes, yes, I'd like to talk about Homestuck

Halestorm
(#480 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-07-2012, 11:04 PM

Base by Bunnystick - Art, Pixels, and Badassery

I think I'm addicted to nonshading guys.

Anyway, this is Enkidu, sadfacing for y'all. ALSO OH MY GOD HER HURRRRRRRR

I didn't want to pixel it. DX I got her scalp done and thought 'ok that's cute' then I realized wait, I JUST MADE A TROLL WITH COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF HURRRRRRRRRR

it was.... HUUUURRRRR.

Ok that's enough for now, silly Wolfie, you're tired and nobody will understand you. ._.

Anyway, this is probably after either her matesprit leaves after they meet for the first time, or after her matesprit dies the first time in a non!AU!Canon! ... a... there was a noncanon fic of an AU game ok. XD I came up with a nonclone descendant of Karkat Vantas, a Cancer, who was Moirail's/MildKismesis with Sollux Captor. We're still not sure. There was a lot of hate/pity going on there. Anyway, this descendant's name was Tongat Tuvata, named after the Japanese prefectures having to do with the astrological sign for Cancer. Whereas her ancestor, the Knight of Blood, was always angry-seeming and irate, the Mage of Blood was in contrast was very calm and pacifying - never patronizingly.

Explanation:

<3: Matespritship, red romance. Love/pity.
<3<: Kismesis, black romance. Hate/pity.
c3<: Auspicitice, ashen quadrant. what keeps everybody else happy. Three people involved: Two grievers, and the auspiciticer. I think.
<>: Moirallegiance, pale quadrant. Basically two best friends who know everything about each other and can cool each other down.

So, in short: Enkidu<3Tongat, originally starting as Enkidu<3<Tongat.

Tongat dies once.

... Homestuck, why you so complicated.

Halestorm