Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 02-23-2008, 10:43 PM

Newest doll, valentine faerie (based off of a fairie statue my husband bought me for valentines day...)

base DHF
The wings basically suck, but I worked too hard on them to give up and take them off lol. Then I couldnt call it a faerie!

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Default 02-27-2008, 12:40 AM

Bet you didn't see this one coming!

Emma & Mimsy
The shading was difficult on such a small base, especially with the wide variety of colours on emma's sweater.
From The Last Mimsy

Base: Julies Dolls

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 02-27-2008, 07:06 AM

Lol,
the pose of Mimzy reminds me of the one on Gaia. XD
It's cute~
(#34 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Default 02-27-2008, 10:20 AM

There is a mimsy on gaia? interesting ^_^

(#35 (permalink))
Old
Coloured_Dreams

Default 02-27-2008, 11:54 AM

Lovely dolls! ^_^
(#36 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Default 02-28-2008, 08:58 PM

thank you :]

(#37 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Default 03-13-2008, 01:42 AM

A little side project...I wanted to use Spirit_queens puppetta base and I was drawing a girl...and my husband came home and asked if I was drawing Ben from the TV show LOST. (As you may know, Ben has rather buggy eyes and the base did resemble him). So, I erased what I was doing and made Benjamin Linus:

He is pixel shaded, nothing fancy...

Base: http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/m...rit_queen.html
(Please tell me if you have a site!)

(#38 (permalink))
Old
Ulis

Default 03-13-2008, 04:05 PM

Nice idea to make him wear glasses ^^ I think you could have added a few folds on the clothes, we don't see much volume or effect of the light source on them.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Default 03-13-2008, 04:11 PM

I agree, but I made him quickly and the crisp, cartoon like "shading" (or lack of it) was kind of purposeful...I wanted it to look very cartoonish to emphasize that big scary Benjamin Linus is a harmless cartoon doll ^_^ You'd have to watch LOST to get the joke

I'll keep that in mind for future projects though.

(#40 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Default 04-05-2008, 01:43 AM

New doll:

Base: TDP

Please note, I did not draw Sweeney Todd's outfit nor Mrs. Lovett's hair. Those are from TDP dollmakers: Hot Guys and Emo. I did re-draw his face/hair and completely draw her dress. What do you think? I find stripes difficult, esp. on such a small base, but I like the turnout.
Also, I tried to draw her umbrella but I couldn't quite get it...