Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#441 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 09-13-2007, 06:59 AM

Yeah... It's in South America. That land mass below North and Central America. It's the largest country in their continent, just like Canada is the largest in North America, and Russia in Asia. ^^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#442 (permalink))
Old
SugarStars (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-13-2007, 10:42 AM

Yay Canada! We're proud we're big and beautiful.

I think I'll do an Indian doll, not native american but someone from India. I'm like obsessed with indian culture, I've made a replica of the taj mahal for a class project *cough* got an A *cough* and I've got all these beautiful indian prints on canvas in my room.

I love my Greyhound
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#443 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 09-13-2007, 03:40 PM

Okay, after much *tedious* research about Bulgarian traditional dress, this is the results. It is a "Soukman", or closed tunic, and is commonly worn in the mountainous regions of Bulgaria, which is located on the very fringes of Europe(one of those ambigious areas I was talking about).

Base: CCG v.20 { What a Beautiful View }

I'm not sure if you care to look at this or not, but I figured I'd tack it on for those who are curious about the clothing. I decided not to do a headscarf because I feel younger girls and women wouldn't wear them, judging by the pictures I saw.
Clothing Information: Bulgaria - costume home page

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#444 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 09-13-2007, 04:33 PM

That's wonderful! So perfect! Thank you, that bit of culture was fascinating (I love other cultures, you just about made my day! <3)

Eh, I'll wait some more, and more... XD Basically until I feel like there are enough entries to make the awards and a deadline.

(#445 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 09-13-2007, 07:00 PM

Heh, added more to the doll. Thought I'd let you know. It's the country(that I outlined :3) and the word "Bulgaria"

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#446 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-15-2007, 10:15 AM

Me likees! I hope other people enter... T^T

(#447 (permalink))
Old
SugarStars (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Default 09-17-2007, 04:51 PM

Alright I finished my doll yesterday, but sadly around the time I finished it was also the time my laptop decided to stop working which means it may take awhile to upload . I'm getting it fixed but it won't be until Wednesday at the eairlest. I don't want to make anyone wait but I'd really love if my doll could be entered, she took five days to make and I pretty proud of her.

I love my Greyhound
(#448 (permalink))
Old
SugarStars (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Default 09-20-2007, 02:00 PM

Here she is, she's a hindu deity or goddess if you prefer. Each deity is an aspect of the Supreme Being (their god) like learning, knowlege, power ect. Mine dosen't really represent one in particular but I modeled her after this http://www.koausa.org/Gods/Laxmi1.jpg I think it's supposed to be love or kindness, or something to that effect .

Base by: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory

I love my Greyhound

Last edited by SugarStars : 09-21-2007 at 01:39 PM.
(#449 (permalink))
Old
xPapercut (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 09-21-2007, 02:17 PM

Can little me enter?

sugar_snow_fairy with a new account since my old one was deleted. Please add me again if you're my friend. =]
(#450 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-21-2007, 03:24 PM

Of course! XD i don't see why not! If no one else other than you and those already in it enter, then you're guarenteed at least third!

Closed Thread