Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#961 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 09-01-2013, 10:45 PM

Thanks, Carrie. We'll see what she decides when we drive down to my Nana's tomorrow. =/

Delaney, CALM DOWN. xD It's great that you feel so driven to excellence, but don't have a breakdown over school grades. I'm not saying they don't matter, but some things (like your health, friends/family, happiness, and general quality of life) are more important. What are you going into?

I know how you feel. I have always been a perfectionist, and when I was your age, my grades were SUPER important to me. Our grading system here is a little different than yours (Under 50% is F, 55% is D, 65% is C, 75% is B, 85% is an A, and anything over 90% is A+, and we can't get over 100% - even the smartest kids in school had a 90-95% average), but when I was in Grade 7-10, I would consider anything under 80% (A-) a total fail for myself. I was stressed, I was depressed, I was even suicidal. I was an absolute mess. (Of course, I had other issues, but stressing myself out because I didn't get A's was not helping me).

However, by the time I was in Grade 12, my opinions on grades changed. I realized I had been beating myself up over, what, not being the best? I thought about what I wanted to be when I grew up, and you know what my answer was? A stay-at-home mom. Of course, I knew I would need some sort of job as a backup, so I decided that I would calm down about grades, and just see where life took me. =) Once I figured that out, I enjoyed life more. <3

Long story short, stress=unhealthy. Don't make life hard for yourself.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#962 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Online)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 09-01-2013, 11:05 PM

Thanks guys. I know it is hard -- I am a very intense and perfectionist type personality. I'll take your advice..I really want to develop a better sense of who I am too.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#963 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-03-2013, 04:39 PM

Omg!!! I Turn 21 A Week From Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#964 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-03-2013, 05:07 PM

And that makes you angry...? This is the anger thread, not randomness. 21 is awesome! Legal US drinking age, so go PARTY HARD... like I did when I turned 19. =p

YOU POSTING HERE INSTEAD MAKES ME ANGRY. GRRR. (Just kidding, pretending to be angry so I'm not off topic. xD)
(#965 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-03-2013, 05:09 PM

Oops. I was so excited that I didn't read the title. Grrrrrrrrr at me.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#966 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-04-2013, 02:44 PM

I'm so irritated. I started a job at McDonalds. It's been about 9 years since I last worked there as my 1st job when I was 16. SO MUCH has changed.

Namely, they now have cafe drinks. Lattes, mochas, frappes, coffees, iced coffees. It's all pretty cool. But one thing just ****es me off!!! They have these extra long plastic spoons. We're told to use a new one each and every time we make a drink/oatmeal and then toss it. ONE STIR, THEN TRASH. ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?!?!!? And they don't recycle AT ALL, not even the cardboard boxes that supplies come in. I'm just fuming. I have no idea how to go about implementing some type of recycle program, but I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out how without stepping on toes. I even thought about offering to get bins and take it to the dump myself every week, but that would still cause some problems with taking their time to rinse spoons and break down boxes.

WHY ISN'T THIS REQUIRED ALREADY?!?!!?

Our ONE STORE goes through about 100 cardboard boxes, and a HUGE box of those spoons, every week. THAT'S JUST ONE STORE!!!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 09-04-2013 at 02:47 PM.
(#967 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-16-2013, 02:45 PM

McDonald's is about efficiency. It's horrible, it's stupid, but it's just facts.

I also remembered hearing once that ordering a regular double cheeseburger loses McDonald's 99c or something. My restaurant management teacher never did explain that one...

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#968 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-16-2013, 03:46 PM

That's not uncommon. Sony's PS3 was so expensive to make, they lost money on the system. Where they made it back was with the games. McDonalds, and many other places that offer something on the cheap, are willing to take a small loss if it means a potential gain elsewhere.

Burgers at McDonalds aren't where they make their profit (although I think they actually get pretty close to breaking even on them). They make it in the fries/drinks/etc. That's where they have their large markups. A $1 drink may cost them 10 cents, or a $2 medium fry might cost them 25 cents.

Actually, I bet those items have a greater mark up than that. Watered down sodas and potatoes are incredibly cheap in bulk.

ON TO MY ANGER.

I have none. Sorry. =P
(#969 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 12-11-2013, 08:52 PM

*sigh* The amount of people who believe everything they see on the internet is astonishing.

What makes me angry though is when I try to say it's not true I'm ambushed by conspiracists. People just want to be angry at the government for ANYTHING, even if it's not true!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#970 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-12-2013, 06:51 AM

I am angry at... the weather. It's just so cold!